2021 NBA playoffs thread

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
All respect to Milwaukee but they benefitted greatly from injuries on other teams.
It is hard to know what would happen with a fully healthy Nets team or Lakers but they did what they had to do and who knows, they still might have won? I mean the Lakers benefited from a weird year last year as well.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It is hard to know what would happen with a fully healthy Nets team or Lakers but they did what they had to do and who knows, they still might have won? I mean the Lakers benefited from a weird year last year as well.
I think a fully healthy Nets win. The Hawks with Trae Young would have had a much better chance. While less likely, if Saric didn't go down for the Suns it may have made a difference.

The Bucks did what they had to do. They're the champs with no asterisks.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I think a fully healthy Nets win. The Hawks with Trae Young would have had a much better chance. While less likely, if Saric didn't go down for the Suns it may have made a difference.

The brief time where the Nets were kind of healthy they looked quite a bit better.

Definitely a weird year, but at least we got two mostly healthy teams in the final. That's why I think that one has to sting more than normal for Phoenix, they'll be good next year but the path back is going to be a lot tougher for both of them.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Giannis played great, a truly great performance. I didn't realize he had 50, but he was knocking 'em down from everywhere, especially inside dominant. And the blocks and intimidation factor. The Suns just couldn't get anything going. A lot of that was Giannis.

But the GOAT Middleton, what can you say, played great the whole playoffs. Holiday played well and stingy Defense. Lopez stepped up big I thought. The Bucks deserved to win.

Very good series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Go2Guy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It almost seems like Giannis' free throws are mental sometimes. When he had to make them he did, or when you didn't think he would, he did. He had the will tonight, that's for sure.

When you look at his stroke it is actually pretty good, and he can make the 3's and mid-range jumpers too. Wilt could never shoot that well. 100 point game though, whew!

Imagine Giannis if he starts shooting with consistency.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah fully healthy Nets could have won but let's face it, Irving has a history of injuries so it is hard to count on him and Harden was never in shape this year. So depending on them being fully healthy was always a big if. Also Bucks had a starter go down with an injury as well. And of course Giannis got injured against Atlanta.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah fully healthy Nets could have won but let's face it, Irving has a history of injuries so it is hard to count on him and Harden was never in shape this year. So depending on them being fully healthy was always a big if. Also Bucks had a starter go down with an injury as well. And of course Giannis got injured against Atlanta.

And he played hurt. Credit to The Freak.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Agree, no one cares that last year Miami played without Dragic and that Bam was hobbled by injuries or that the year prior Toronto was aided by the Warriors playing through injuries to KD and Klay. Injuries happen every year, no reason to single this year out as something out of the ordinary.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
To be fair, the Suns did too.
Yeah, I’m still not convinced the Jazz don’t win that series if Conley and Mitchell are healthy for the series.

*to clarify, my assumption was they beat LA to play the suns. But hell, the Suns even played the Clippers without Leonard.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Surprised to see last night that Chuck is taking the Bucks to win it all. I'd take the Suns.

Who would have thunk Sir Charles knew more about NBA basketball.

Would love to hear Chuck's opinion on talking heads saying Giannis is 'in the top three' in the NBA. Move over LeBron, it's now Giannis or Durant.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Who would have thunk Sir Charles knew more about NBA basketball.

Would love to hear Chuck's opinion on talking heads saying Giannis is 'in the top three' in the NBA. Move over LeBron, it's now Giannis or Durant.

I never thought of him as much of a closer, but you can't really say that about him anymore. If he can keep doing that he's the best player in the league. There are guys that are a lot more dynamic on offense, but I can't think of any of them that aren't miles behind what he can do on defense.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Giannis is like a more athletic Shaq for this generation of basketball. People forget how good Shaq was during those three straight finals runs for the Lakers but he was absolutely unstoppable. If Giannis continues to just play at this level they'll be good for a long time.

He could even go down a couple levels and still be good enough if he hits his FT’s at around 80%.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

If your going to mention the Saric injury, the 8th man for the Suns - you could at least mention the Bucks lost a starter.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Monte Williams is a class act, I hope he gets another chance at a ring

Totally agree. Monty Williams has always been one of the best NBA coaches I admire and respect. I hope CP3 can stay with his mentor in Phoenix and the Suns find reinforcement through the free agency and trades to make another run. Both of them are totally deserving of a championship.