2021 Holiday Tournament

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Has that been announced yet to where we are going and when?

Not that I expected it but I know it won't be the Maui Invitational or Battle 4 Atlantis since I found those two brackets immediately.

Kinda hoping for the Cayman Islands Classic or maybe Cancun Challenge

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I had thought Maui would happen again but not yet but in the works.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
You can only go to the same event once every 4 years so wouldn't be Maui eligible again until 2022-23 season.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
You can only go to the same event once every 4 years so wouldn't be Maui eligible again until 2022-23 season.

That seems fair.

So here's a list of ones that have Big 12 teams this year so could be a potential list:
Charleston Classic - Charleston, SC
2k Empire Classic - NYC
Cayman Islands Classic - Cayman Islands
Hall of Fame Classic - Kansas City, MO
Maui Invitational - Maui, HI (NOT ELIGIBLE 2021)
Battle 4 Atlantis - Bahamas (NOT ELIGIBLE 2021)
Emerald Coast Classic - Niceville, FL (Our canceled tournament. Maybe not eligible?)
Diamond Head Classic - Honolulu, HI
NIT Season Tip-Off - NYC
Wooden Legacy - Anaheim, CA

Here's one without Big 12 but other P5 schools:
Myrtle Beach Invitational - Conway, SC
Jamaica Classic - Montego Bay, Jamaica
Junkanoo Jam - Bimini, Bahamas
MGM Resorts Main Event - Las Vegas, NV
Hall of Fame Tip-Off - Mohegan Sun Resort, CT
Fort Myers Tip-Off - Fort Myers, FL
Roman Legends Classic - Brooklyn, NYC
Cancun Challenge - Cancun, Mexico
Orlando Invitational - ESPN World of Sports, Orlando, FL
Gotham Classic - NYC

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
i had heard rumors of a winter 2020 event in Chicago but obviously covid impacted that

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
I'd be all for going to Destin as originally planned for this year. Went to Disney a few years ago for the tourney and it was a blast and a great venue. While not tropical, going to New York City during the holiday season would be fun as well.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'd be all for going to Destin as originally planned for this year. Went to Disney a few years ago for the tourney and it was a blast and a great venue. While not tropical, going to New York City during the holiday season would be fun as well.

To be honest I wasn't a fan of the Destin location. Maybe I could be proven wrong but I was gonna sit this one out before it got canceled. I just think a beach destination like Destin wouldn't be that great when you can't even get in the water.

NYC would be really fun for the holidays.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
To be honest I wasn't a fan of the Destin location. Maybe I could be proven wrong but I was gonna sit this one out before it got canceled. I just think a beach destination like Destin wouldn't be that great when you can't even get in the water.

Well, my family actually went to Destin a few weeks ago as originally planned. My kids were in the water every day. It was a great destination.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

We went to Destin few years ago (Prohm's first year) and had a blast. Weather was nice and warm enough to swim and hang out on the beach. We got to hang with Georges, Tae, Jameel, and Iceman etc and their family members. We were all over it when they announced another match in Destin. Hope they reschedule that in 2021 or somewhere beach-y. Emerald Coast Classic is definitely one of the most affordable tournament you can attend.

Maui Invite was amazing, but was too $$$$. I dont think I can do that for a while..... LOL.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Well, my family actually went to Destin a few weeks ago as originally planned. My kids were in the water every day. It was a great destination.

Yep, typically warm enough in November to swim. Not too hot and not too cold. Just right weather.