2021 Cyclone Volleyball

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Of all the ISU Athletics programs, Volleyball is the only one that posts a father appreciation video on Father's Day. Nicely done!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Preseason All B12 VB players for Fall 2021 released today. Holthaus and Herrera named to the team as well as IA native Aliyah Carter from KSU:

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
That is where I would put us without seeing how any of the new pieces will work. I hope the libero situation is sorted out and we can pass a ball to a setter whom I have never seen play at club level or college level.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Schedule is out.
That non-con schedule appears to be brutal. It will definitely help the RPI but if the overall record is sub .500 as a result, RPI won't make a difference.

I don't care for continuance for the COVID driven conference match doubleheaders but it definitely is a money saver for all of the non-rev VB programs.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
No reason to think we will make the NCAA tournament with that schedule. Other teams made adjustments against us we didn't seem to make any on day two.

If saving on travel means we keep volleyball alive so be it.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Piper is to continue her volleyball career in Porto, Portugal. May she find great success in her new adventure!

One major flaw is that the Portuguese Club got confused with ISU and UI in their official tweet so we have to correct them in our VB tweet.

Her new team won the top Portuguese Volleyball League Championship last season. Here's the news article translated into English via Google Translator.

Piper Mauck is the latest addition to AJM/FC Porto, which this year will be coached by Spaniard Carlos Carreño.

The 22-year-old American setter signed for a season and is the 12th addition of the blue and white emblem.

First experience in Portugal: "It will be my first time in Portugal, but not in Europe, because I visited my sister when she was studying in Sweden. Seeing photos of Porto makes me very excited, because it looks so beautiful, and I can't wait for being in the city."

Characteristics: "I'm a very serious person on the field, whether playing or training, but at the same time, I like to contribute to a good environment and have fun. As goals, I have, at a collective level, revalidate the championship won in the last season and, on an individual level, as this is my first season as a professional abroad, to learn a lot. I'm looking forward to being in Portugal to absorb everything."

FC Porto: "I know that FC Porto is a great club, with many sports, which is very good. I'm excited to meet my teammates and the rest of the club, I don't know anyone in particular, but I know there are excellent players and I'm looking forward to being with them. I really want to meet the fans, represent the club in the best possible way and have a great season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Pretty cool that Cande is the only active college player in Tokyo. Looking forward to a great year from her in Ames!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
A roster of 21 including 9 seniors. Are we going to have a JV team after tryouts?
"Division 1 volleyball teams can offer a maximum of 12 full-ride scholarships. Because D1 volleyball is classified as a headcount sport, every scholarship the coach gives out must be a full ride."

I was under the impression that partial schollies could be allocated for VB but was wrong about that. 9 non-schollie players is a quite a few for a P5 program. You would think some of those 9 would seek PT or schollie opportunities at other D1 programs.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
We are less than two weeks away from the season opener. I'm eager to see what our VB team can accomplish this year.

Update: saw Cande and Avery shopping at Walmart this evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
That non-con schedule appears to be brutal. It will definitely help the RPI but if the overall record is sub .500 as a result, RPI won't make a difference.

I don't care for continuance for the COVID driven conference match doubleheaders but it definitely is a money saver for all of the non-rev VB programs.
That's the worst non-conf home schedule I can ever remember. Couldn't we draw any better programs to Hilton?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron