***2020 Vikings Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Tank for Trevor.
Tank for Trevor. Pandemic year, nobody cares. Take on half of Cousins salary and trade him. Should have plenty of room to sign Ngakwae to a long term deal. Get Pierce and Hunter back next year. Give the corners some time to get things right. Cook has a new deal and is still young. Irv smith and Justin Jefferson look like they could be playmakers in the future. Also, give Cleveland and Bradbury an extra year to get things right.

Tank for Trevor should be the goal this year.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Time to blow up the roster. Hopefully we can tank for Trevor, but also would like Fields in a Vikings jersey. Fire Zimmer and bring in Eric Bienemy to work with the rookie QB. Kirk has essentially one more guaranteed year from the extension, so the rookie can sit behind Kirk and then either cut or trade him (if anyone would take him). It's going to be a long season
Spoiler alert: no one would take him.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Spielman needs to go. He has made a lot of bad moves over the years. A lot of 1st round misses. Overpaying an average QB, not addressing the o-line etc. Gladney was not a good 1st round pick. There were 7 or 8 better corners. He has been pretty good at getting talent in the mid rounds of drafts, but still.
I would have fired him after drafting Christian Ponder.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Cycho1 and cyfan21

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Spoiler alert: no one would take him.
At half his salary? I disagree. Look at Denver right now. If Lock's injury is serious they could. SF is going for a super bowl this year again and if Garrapolo's injury is serious they could look into it.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
At half his salary? I disagree. Look at Denver right now. If Lock's injury is serious they could. SF is going for a super bowl this year again and if Garrapolo's injury is serious they could look into it.
Why would you think that I was talking about half his salary? I was talking about at his contractual salary.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Why would you think that I was talking about half his salary? I was talking about at his contractual salary.
My post said that we would take on half of his salary just to get rid of him. Half of 33 mil would give us quite a bit of room.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
My post said that we would take on half of his salary just to get rid of him. Half of 33 mil would give us quite a bit of room.
I didn’t reply to your post, but I see that now. Whatever it takes to get rid of him I support.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Guessing Vikes won't try to lose games like some teams may down the stretch but would be the best thing to happen to the organization.
I don't think Cousins would be willing to tank. Just because he knew it was his job they would be replacing. Might light a fire under him?

I agree tanking would be best this year, but who knows.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don’t know why we are all excited about Lawrence. We all know that even if we do get him, he will end up being one of the biggest busts in draft history. It’s just how this works.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I don’t know why we are all excited about Lawrence. We all know that even if we do get him, he will end up being one of the biggest busts in draft history. It’s just how this works.
I think we have seen a bit of a leap from college qbs in the past few years. Lots of rookie contracts out there with qbs.
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Baker Mayfield
Garner Minshew
Kyler Murray

All these guys have shown they can be successful. 4 of them went #1 overall (essentially)

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Tank for Trevor. Pandemic year, nobody cares. Take on half of Cousins salary and trade him. Should have plenty of room to sign Ngakwae to a long term deal. Get Pierce and Hunter back next year. Give the corners some time to get things right. Cook has a new deal and is still young. Irv smith and Justin Jefferson look like they could be playmakers in the future. Also, give Cleveland and Bradbury an extra year to get things right.

Tank for Trevor should be the goal this year.
Cousins won't be cut after this season. He'll be on the roster next year. Cutting him before the 2022 season would result in negative cap savings and a giant dead money hit. Cutting him won't help them re-sign anyone for two more years

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think we have seen a bit of a leap from college qbs in the past few years. Lots of rookie contracts out there with qbs.
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Baker Mayfield
Garner Minshew
Kyler Murray

All these guys have shown they can be successful. 4 of them went #1 overall (essentially)
Let me wallow damn it. He will be a bust.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Cousins won't be cut after this season. He'll be on the roster next year. Cutting him before the 2022 season would result in negative cap savings and a giant dead money hit. Cutting him won't help them re-sign anyone for two more years
read my post. I said nothing about cutting him. Plus a year to learn the system has worked out pretty well for young qbs recently. Only 10 mill in dead cap space if cut before 2022.