***2020 Vikings Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Honest question, how many more years do you think Dalvin will be as good as he has been? 3-4?
Yeah, that's not a bad estimate. 4 years would put him at 29. He's under contract until the 2025 season, but he won't see that year. Mattison may or may not get signed to another deal. Abdullah is back on a one year deal, but he easily could be cut if they decide to spend a pick on a running back in the draft

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, that's not a bad estimate. 4 years would put him at 29. He's under contract until the 2025 season, but he won't see that year. Mattison may or may not get signed to another deal. Abdullah is back on a one year deal, but he easily could be cut if they decide to spend a pick on a running back in the draft
Yeah, backs have a limited shelf life. I was surprised that the packers pushed the money to Jones, they don’t normally do that. When they have it is usually when they struggle a year or two after. They realize they have an expensive player so they gotta use them more and shut down the QBs some.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
1618243823884.png

This sim had Mac Jones fall to 14 and all three top tackles were gone. I had 4 trade offers and took the Washington offer of 19/49 and next years round 2 for 14/78. So traded a third round pick in 2021 for hopefully a top 10 Day 2 pick in 2022.

Took AVT at 19. The best guard in the draft. BAP was Bateman which I KNOW Zim and Speilman won't take

At 49 I took the 2nd BAP who fills a BIG need also at the other end position. His draft analysis says he can go inside on 3rd and long which I LOVE.

Traded 90 to Baltimore for 104 and a 2022 3rd to take Walker Little. In 2019, before Little's injury. He was considered the top tackle in the country, former 5 star recruit. He hasn't played in 2 years since he sat out 2020 (COVID and to continue healing). If Little returns to form. You then get two bookends at tackle for the next 10 years.

Reactions: Aclone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
1618245527656.png

This is probably more realistic as to what happens. BAP for 33. Best o-lineman at 35. Grab another Tackle to start Day 3 (Similar spots to Ezra and O'Neil). Then you make Zim happy with 78 and 90

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Not a chance. Not with the first round pick. I could see them spending one of their 4th round picks though.

This is a make or break year for Zim and Spielman. They're not going to take a QB early when there are other needs. If they don't make the playoffs, they're both likely gone. They're not going to tie up an early pick on a player who won't play this year.

Not to mention, at 14 they wouldn't be getting a top tier QB anyway.
Unfortunately, I agree. Zim/Spielman have their butts in the fire. In addition to having now clue how to develop an OL, they've shown no ability/care re: growing a QB for the future. They'll go all in to make this mediocre squad the best kind of mediocre. No reason to start building a future champ now...

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Deep down, I think Zim would love to trade Cousins to SF, get a bunch of picks, then turn around and sign Teddy.
You had me at "trade Cousins"... though, no chance with his contract.

Watch Zim/RS draft a CB in rd 1 again, with Gladney's issues. The foundation of any really good team is its lines. Maybe someday the Vikings will care about that.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
You had me at "trade Cousins"... though, no chance with his contract.

Watch Zim/RS draft a CB in rd 1 again, with Gladney's issues. The foundation of any really good team is its lines. Maybe someday the Vikings will care about that.

Agree there's less than a 1% chance, but SF has already shown how goofy the NFL can be.
I'm hoping Trader Rick can get Slater, but he'd probably have to move up three slots to get him. More likely he'll trade down, and take the kid from USC.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Are they doing it by video again this year? Exactly like last?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Are they doing it by video again this year? Exactly like last?

What a great year to have minimal fans.. Cleveland?? Who picks that out of all the 32 homes for the NFL. That's top 3 worst (Cincy, Buffalo)

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

What a great year to have minimal fans.. Cleveland?? Who picks that out of all the 32 homes for the NFL. That's top 3 worst (Cincy, Buffalo)

Are you talking weather wise? Cleveland and Buffalo are great football towns.