***2020 Vikings Thread***

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I could still potentially see them trade Hunter for a small bundle of picks, maybe a 2nd and 4th, then taking an edge in the first round. I also wouldn't hate it if they traded up a few spots to guarantee they get one of the top oline prospects. At 14, they're kind of in no man's land when it comes to the oline
Absolutely, especially since Hunter had neck surgery

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
I could still potentially see them trade Hunter for a small bundle of picks, maybe a 2nd and 4th, then taking an edge in the first round. I also wouldn't hate it if they traded up a few spots to guarantee they get one of the top oline prospects. At 14, they're kind of in no man's land when it comes to the oline
Good news is that offensive tackle depth in this draft is good. It would be costly to move up and I doubt they will need to. There are several mid to late first rounders and top of second round that are viable starters. Drops off a bit after that but I am guessing this is why they let Riley leave and have not addressed offensive line yet in free agency.

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
They would be selling low if they traded Hunter right now. The Vikings hold the cards and a second and fourth would be very, very cheap.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

I'd be surprised if the Vikes moved Hunter at this stage, but agree Trader Rick should move up from 14.
With all the QBs going first, a few spots up for the Vikes and they would have a shot at Slater or Sewell. That would be a homerun.

Reactions: cyfan21

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
My issue with Vikings off season is these moves don't allow you to take the BOP at 14.

These moves are in my opinion to please coach Zim. I guess I'm ok putting all of 2021 on Zim. Prove it or g'bye

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Interesting theory. However, if Sewell or Slater is available at 14, like they say is possible, I think you run that draft card in as fast as you can. I doubt either will be there though

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006

Interesting theory. However, if Sewell or Slater is available at 14, like they say is possible, I think you run that draft card in as fast as you can. I doubt either will be there though
Lots of analysis there. I agree the Vikings could really use a top tackle. Unfortunately, this regime has shown no concept of understanding how to put together an OL - nor how important it is.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Lots of analysis there. I agree the Vikings could really use a top tackle. Unfortunately, this regime has shown no concept of understanding how to put together an OL - nor how important it is.
This. Absolutely zero.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Gotta go with a QB.
Not a chance. Not with the first round pick. I could see them spending one of their 4th round picks though.

This is a make or break year for Zim and Spielman. They're not going to take a QB early when there are other needs. If they don't make the playoffs, they're both likely gone. They're not going to tie up an early pick on a player who won't play this year.

Not to mention, at 14 they wouldn't be getting a top tier QB anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig and Acylum

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Gotta go with a QB.
Sure. Then protect him like this

tenor.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum and BCClone

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Want to beat the packers, gotta think like the packers.

Advice from a packers fan.
Yeah, that Jordan Love pick is looking better and better every day....

Reactions: BCClone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I really wish we could get Cleveland to be at least a league average LT. That's an expensive place to have a cheap contract for 3 more years. Especially considering O'Neil has to get paid next season. Then you can go Day 2 with a guard.

Judging by the moves Minny has made this offseason. It appears O'Neil is moving to LT, Hill and Udoh will dual for RT and first tackle in reserve. If Hill or Udoh can be at least league average. I think the line can be OK with the addition of a Big guard. You need someone who is a DOMINANT pass blocker so Cleveland and Bradbury can double team the Akeim Hicks and Kenny Clark DT's in the division that have killed Cousins.

I wonder if Cleveland would move to LG since he did ok next to O'Neil at RG?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I really wish we could get Cleveland to be at least a league average LT. That's an expensive place to have a cheap contract for 3 more years. Especially considering O'Neil has to get paid next season. Then you can go Day 2 with a guard.

Judging by the moves Minny has made this offseason. It appears O'Neil is moving to LT, Hill and Udoh will dual for RT and first tackle in reserve. If Hill or Udoh can be at least league average. I think the line can be OK with the addition of a Big guard. You need someone who is a DOMINANT pass blocker so Cleveland and Bradbury can double team the Akeim Hicks and Kenny Clark DT's in the division that have killed Cousins.

I wonder if Cleveland would move to LG since he did ok next to O'Neil at RG?
I’m done trying to puzzle out what they’re going to do until after the draft. At the moment, I think that’s key—who does and doesn’t fall to them, and if they trade up or back.

I think they have lots of contingency plans. That doesn’t change the fact that they need two more OL in the first three (maybe four, depending on how they fall) rounds, whatever else happens.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron