NFL: ***2020 NFL Season Thread***

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
How come nobody is talking about the obvious hold on Tristan Wirfs on that same play? Brady would have been sacked or maybe had the ball stripped had Wirfs not been holding on for his life trying to block Gary from GB. That was just as obvious as what Kevin King did. See below....

View attachment 81111
posted the same already really but yeah this is the truth.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

Crazy to me that the Packers with him are only going to have the one championship. Don't get me wrong, as a Vikings fan I would kill my firstborn for just the one, but they should've had more. 4 straight NFC championship appearance losses and the last one at home must hurt.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Crazy to me that the Packers with him are only going to have the one championship. Don't get me wrong, as a Vikings fan I would kill my firstborn for just the one, but they should've had more. 4 straight NFC championship appearance losses and the last one at home must hurt.
Yeah, for as good as he is, that’s got to be an underachievement.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Yeah, for as good as he is, that’s got to be an underachievement.

Big time underachievement. Same for Brees in New Orleans, too. I've always had a slight distaste for Rodgers since he is a Packer, but he always has this air of I'm the coolest person in the room, and what I do will work. Not sure a good way to describe it really, but annoyed the crap out of me. So, seeing this play out for them has me smirking just a little bit, and it certainly wouldn't hurt the Vikings chances in the division, either.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
A-A-ron has a reputation of being a-a-rrogant.

I thought his comments after the game Sunday were just his being a little butthurt immediately after the loss, but I'm not sure now.

The piece indicates the Rodgers could be upset the Packers drafted Love over getting more help for him, then immediately argues that Rodgers could use the threat of retirement to get out of town at any moment. From the Packers' perspective, Jordan Love is an insurance policy against that, and why they needed to draft one. And Rodgers can't say the Packers don't want him there, they just gave him ridiculous money that will come with a nearly $38 million dollar cap hit just for himself the next two years (more than 20% of player dollars for the whole team.)

The old school Ron Wolf Packers would draft an MF'n quarterback every year. Rodgers might not even be in Green Bay if it weren't for that, they already had a HoF QB when they drafted him.

As great as he is, drama follows this guy around. It must be exhausting to be his team mate.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

I thought his comments after the game Sunday were just his being a little butthurt immediately after the loss, but I'm not sure now.......
As great as he is, drama follows this guy around. It must be exhausting to be his team mate.

Rodgers' post game is just more sore loser Aaron. What happened to the pleasant, kinder, Peru inspired Rodgers who was having the most fun, MVP season? He lost. Again.

Telling Packer fans that he doesn't know what comes next, with three years on his contract, is just reverting back to his jerky, zen filled arrogant persona.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Rodgers' post game is just more sore loser Aaron. What happened to the pleasant, kinder, Peru inspired Rodgers who was having the most fun, MVP season? He lost. Again.

Telling Packer fans that he doesn't know what comes next, with three years on his contract, is just reverting back to his jerky, zen filled arrogant persona.

It appears he has taken his cue from his predecessor. Honestly, the packers should cut him or trade him. It doesn’t make sense to take a QB in the first round and not take advantage of the cap room from a young QB. That’s how you build a team in the NFL these days, draft a QB and load up on talent while he is in his rookie contract.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

Dude can sling it but just comes off as a **** a lot of the times. He seems like the guy that always thinks he knows just a bit more about any topic that comes up in conversation.

Reactions: Neptune78

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I thought his comments after the game Sunday were just his being a little butthurt immediately after the loss, but I'm not sure now.

The piece indicates the Rodgers could be upset the Packers drafted Love over getting more help for him, then immediately argues that Rodgers could use the threat of retirement to get out of town at any moment. From the Packers' perspective, Jordan Love is an insurance policy against that, and why they needed to draft one. And Rodgers can't say the Packers don't want him there, they just gave him ridiculous money that will come with a nearly $38 million dollar cap hit just for himself the next two years (more than 20% of player dollars for the whole team.)

The old school Ron Wolf Packers would draft an MF'n quarterback every year. Rodgers might not even be in Green Bay if it weren't for that, they already had a HoF QB when they drafted him.

He's not getting crazy money compared to others. He's something like the fifth or sixth highest paid QB in the league in 2021, coming off of an MVP season. I don't care much for Rodgers, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to get paid like the best QB in the league. Maybe not the 45 million that Mahomes is getting, but certainly more than Jared Goff.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
He's not getting crazy money compared to others. He's something like the fifth or sixth highest paid QB in the league in 2021, coming off of an MVP season. I don't care much for Rodgers, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to get paid like the best QB in the league. Maybe not the 45 million that Mahomes is getting, but certainly more than Jared Goff.

At least Goff has been to a super bowl in the last decade.....:jimlad: