NFL: ***2020 NFL Season Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
No Scouting Combine this year:

I wonder what format it will come back in, post pandemic. You already saw quarterbacks declining to participate in some activities. For the players that already have high round grades, working out at the combine might actually be seen as a detriment from the player perspective. It will be interesting

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The scouting combine is really important to guys drafted later in the draft. Measurables aren't everything but not having the opportunity as a lesser known player to be evaluated next to your peers is going to cost some dudes a livelihood. Pro days on campus are great but you will not get representatives from all the teams at those.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Phillip Rivers is retiring
Colts have a good team that can make noise now with a QB. Will be interesting to see what they do. They've got a good amount of cap space, but I'm not sure what the free agent market is going to look like. Maybe a trade?

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Colts have a good team that can make noise now with a QB. Will be interesting to see what they do. They've got a good amount of cap space, but I'm not sure what the free agent market is going to look like. Maybe a trade?
If I were Deshaun Watson...

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That would be best case, but would both teams agree on terms? That's within the division, too. Doesn't usually go down that way
I didn't mean to imply it would ever happen, just that I think that would be attractive to him. Doubt he'd be traded in-conference, let alone the same division.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I didn't mean to imply it would ever happen, just that I think that would be attractive to him. Doubt he'd be traded in-conference, let alone the same division.

I have this dream that the Steelers could pull off a trade for Watson...although I am guessing fans of 15 or so teams feel the same way!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
What exactly does a trade return for Watson look like?
I think Dolphins & Jets have the most assets to make it happen. Can offer multiple 1st round picks (over next 2-3 years) which this year one of those would be a Top 2-3 pick. Also could add in Tua or Darnold if the Texans wanted that.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't see him ending up in Indy but Watson would be a good fit there, Miami is also a team that isn't far off with the right QB. Seems like they aren't sold on Tua yet, even though he went 6-3 as a starter.

Indy will be interesting, I know they spoke highly of their rookie Jacob Eason but they are ready to win right now, I'd be looking at a veteran if I were them to at least have a competition in camp.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
One name I hadn't been thinking about is Matt Stafford. He's got a big cap number, but the Lions might be looking to move on from him.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
One name I hadn't been thinking about is Matt Stafford. He's got a big cap number, but the Lions might be looking to move on from him.
There has been rumors on him getting traded to Indy. Him or Wentz.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I think Dolphins & Jets have the most assets to make it happen. Can offer multiple 1st round picks (over next 2-3 years) which this year one of those would be a Top 2-3 pick. Also could add in Tua or Darnold if the Texans wanted that.

Miami is has made some strides the last couple of year, whereas the Jets just keep digging a bigger grave. I also read that since Florida doesn't have state taxes, just like Texas, it may be an advantage, but who knows.

I also think that Carson Wentz may be on the trade block. I could see him in Indy.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Miami is has made some strides the last couple of year, whereas the just keep digging a bigger grave. I also read that since Florida doesn't have state taxes, just like Texas, it may be an advantage, but who knows.

I also think that Carson Wentz may be on the trade block. I could see him in Indy.
I think Wentz is staying. He won the battle with Pederson.