***2020 CF Olympic Games***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Dang what are the odds JM would pick the same number the day after picking just one number apart?
o_O
tenor.gif

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
I'm pretty sure my flag is the best, should I just post it and you can declare me the winner?

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Alright, let's have a good talk about game 3.

A couple ideas have been floated to me (thank you @andybernard and @Fitzy).

1st, I could set up an email box for each of you to send your flag to me. It's not my favorite idea because I don't know how many of you are keen on sharing your email address.

2nd, is use imgur. Everyone would need to have an account and know how to upload images there, but it's pretty straightforward to do both and then just send the image link to me via PM.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

My suggestion would be to have everyone post their flag in this thread within a certain time frame tomorrow. Then have everyone PM PSY their top three favorites (no voting for your own flag). Then let PSY be the tiebreaker if there are ties.

Reactions: moores2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
My suggestion would be to have everyone post their flag in this thread within a certain time frame tomorrow. Then have everyone PM PSY their top three favorites (no voting for your own flag). Then let PSY be the tiebreaker if there are ties.
I’m fine with this except for my complete distrust of Psy making a fair decision in terms of a tie.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
We weren't told that we're the ones judging them. And there's no way people would actually pick the good ones. They'd pick the losers who have no points and/or medals.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
If you're gonna have people vote on flags, the flags should all be thrown into the same pool and not have any indication of who made them during the voting process.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I had no idea this flag game would be this big of a cluster

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
We're going to have regional representatives vote on flags.

Representatives will ONLY be voting on flags from outside their region.

Each representative will receive 3 ranked votes.

I will also receive 3 weighted ranked votes too.

Everyone will post their flag here between 4:30pm and 7:30pm tomorrow.

Reactions: Colorado

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
If you're gonna have people vote on flags, the flags should all be thrown into the same pool and not have any indication of who made them during the voting process.
This would actually be pretty good. Wouldn't be hard for everyone to throw their flag up on imgur or something and just send the link to PSY to collect and distribute.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
So my take on this.

The flag competition is like figure skating or gymnastics. The judges KNOW which country the athletes represent. For the most part things are judged fairly. Sometimes nefarious voting occurs. But there should be enough integrity to override it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron