2019 Coaching Carousel

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
So is Louisville in meltdown mode? Paying Petrino $12 million over the next 3 years and no Brohm as a replacement. They don’t have Papa John to help write a check for a big name coach either. They are probably going to “settle” for a P5 assistant now
There’s some good G5 coaches out there they could take a look at. I would look at Scott Satterfield from App State if I were them.

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
The Lima Stallions Midget team lost their long time coach Bronko Rider. He took a better paying paid protester position in Washington DC. The Stallions GM is looking hard at local fantasy football winners for a replacement.

Sorry....bored!

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
If Matt Wells goes to TTU, he will bring Luke Wells, who coached our WRs in 2009-10.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't think Kliff is a P5 head coach. And I don't think he is even a P5 caliber OC. He just doesn't seem to have a strategic thought, ever. His plan is 100% let-it-fly, always. A good OC knows when to slow it down to take a Kliff-type coached team out of sync, and let your D rest. But I continue to think he'd be a great QB's coach at any level.

There is nothing wrong with playing football like a 12 year old boy plays X-Box while jacked on Mountain Dew and pixie sticks, or whatever kids do these days.

Go big or go home.

• Funny
Reactions: TXCyclones

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Purdue is in the **** B1G West. Brohm knows he has a good shot to rock it. Crap NW is their champion this year.

And that division will be wide open again next season. Hell, Purdue might be the favorite to make it to their CCG from the west for all I know.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
There’s some good G5 coaches out there they could take a look at. I would look at Scott Satterfield from App State if I were them.

That's who all the Louisville people are mentioning now.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Updated. Tech fans gotta be losing it over the Holgerson news but who knows, maybe he was just trying to get a better deal in Morgantown.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Ryan Day will remain at Ohio State and is off the market to other teams,reports FootballScoop. In an update released Friday afternoon, FootballScoop reports that the Ohio State offensive coordinator and one-time acting head coach has a “significant raise” coming his way to stay in Columbus.

FootballScoop also speculates that the move comes with an “unwritten understanding that he is in line to become head coach once Urban (Meyer) steps down.”

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Ryan Day will remain at Ohio State and is off the market to other teams,reports FootballScoop. In an update released Friday afternoon, FootballScoop reports that the Ohio State offensive coordinator and one-time acting head coach has a “significant raise” coming his way to stay in Columbus.

FootballScoop also speculates that the move comes with an “unwritten understanding that he is in line to become head coach once Urban (Meyer) steps down.”

Makes sense from OSU and Day's situation and should pour water on the Campbell to OSU rumors.

Feels very similar to the Oklahoma transition from Stoops to Riley. Very good established coach at a blue blood program who wants to continue his legacy with a hand picked up and comer successor.

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Barta should get a copy of that press release and all he’ll have to do is replace Meyer and Day with KF and BF.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Like that plan much better than the hire Matt Campbell plan that seemed likely since he started succeeding here last season

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY