MLB: 2017 Minnesota Twins Thread

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Two games into the season and Sid Hartman's headline today is "Sano's Adjustments Paying Off". Then proclaiming him the hottest hitter in the AL. Sid, baby, he is 2 for 6. Not a bad start, better than 1-6 or 0-6 but it's two games, man. :rolleyes:
Realistically, this could be the last hitting streak Sid sees. Who am I kidding? He's going to live forever.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
KC Putting up a fight today. 3-3 in the 6th. Hopefully the 7th inning is lucky 3 times in a row for the Twins.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Realistically, this could be the last hitting streak Sid sees. Who am I kidding? He's going to live forever.

Come on, he's only 97. :rolleyes:

Lakers were in town recently and right on cue was a Hartman column reminiscing about when the Lakers were the Minneapolis Lakers. I have probably read a 100 of these from him about the exact some topic. Well, I just skim them, no need to actually read them again.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Come on, he's only 97. :rolleyes:

Lakers were in town recently and right on cue was a Hartman column reminiscing about when the Lakers were the Minneapolis Lakers. I have probably read a 100 of these from him about the exact some topic. Well, I just skim them, no need to actually read them again.
Pretty damn cool he's 97 and obviously doing what he loves. Probably why he's still alive.

The stuff he's seen in his lifetime...wow.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looks like the first opportunity for a save this year. A sweep would be huge to start the year!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
broom.png

• Winner
Reactions: CTTB78 and Dormeezy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Did the Twins pitching staff give up 5 runs or less over 3 games even once last year? I'm not doing the research so I'll trust any answer.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Evidently the book on Buxton is to pitch him low and outside and he'll fish. Leading the majors in Ks is never good, and hopefully Molly and the hitting coaches can teach Byron how to handle those pitches. We'll need him if Sano ever cools off.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm a Twins fan who is only somewhat interested in baseball and only when the Twins are somewhat relevant. This year I've been interested in baseball for 2 weeks longer than last year.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Joe Mauer. Woof! Maybe he will rally and hit a soft .250?

And another $23M due to him for next year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
His salary was worth the gamble at the time. Too bad for the Twins that he tailed off so badly. That $23 million sure could be used elsewhere.

Home state boy, Twin almost had to do it but now they are stuck with a .250 singles hitter. Twins are my fairweather local team but it could have been worse for me if my Yankees had gone after him as rumored. Woof, they have had more than their share of big contract busts and didn't need that one for a catcher that doesn't hit or even catch anymore.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Read this and you'll see why he got what he got.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...seminoles-minnesota-twins-bobby-bowden-020215

Mauer was a year ahead of me in high school. I got a home run ball he hit in a game by climbing onto the roof through the band room and he autographed it in the gym the day we had our school celebration. The other guy in the article, Tony Leseman, beaned me in the head during spring ball.

All players had to take care of the field themselves. There was a "grounds crew" but coach said if you want a nice field you need to maintain it. Hell, Mauer, as the best HS athlete in the country, even cleaned up the gym after basketball games.

In MN his contract was a given. If they didn't sign him the Twins might not have had a new stadium. Seriously. Imagine Allen Lazard as the sure-fire Heisman trophy winner and an NCAA basketball All-American - that's what Mauer meant to the state.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron