MLB: 2017 Minnesota Twins Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This must not be your 2015 Royals bullpen (at least for one weekend) because the Twins just put up 6 in the 7th inning. Triple by Sano and dinger by Escobar. Two nice bats for this lineup.

Long ways to go but I've enjoyed the Twins 2 more games this year already than all of last year.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Things heard in my office today:

"Don't worry guys. You won't have to face this quality of pitching all year long."
"At least there is only one 7th inning in a game."
"Look on the bright side. You'll have more time to watch the Chiefs play in October now."
"Would you shut the **** up already."

I may have said three of those.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Not to hijack the twins fun. As a KC fan, I think I'm still more worried about the offense than pitching.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Not to hijack the twins fun. As a KC fan, I think I'm still more worried about the offense than pitching.
Going to disagree with you here (I'm also a KC fan). The bullpen is going to be very shaky this year, and I think the bats will come around. Outside of Herrera, there isn't a lot proven in the pen. Strahm was really good last year, but has gotten shelled so far. There are plenty of hitters in the lineup who have proven capable of having big games.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'd have to agree. I always associated the Royals of the past few years, with baserunners. There have been few and far between in these first couple games for you guys. But if I were you I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Now if they start like the Twins last year....

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Having been in KC since 1996, the Royals are the team I root for when my Twins struggle. I've been to the K a ton.

I think the Royals offense gets going. There are too many good bats in the lineup to stay this cold for long. The pitching is concerning though. It has not looked very good yet. Losing Ventura was crushing on many levels. And Soria hasn't evened darkened the mound yet.

BTW, Cy's Day at the K is against the Twins this year for fans of both teams!

Cyclone Nation will take over Kauffman Stadium again this year on April 29 as the KC Royals host the Minnesota Twins! The game is slated to start at 7:15 p.m. so we'll also host a massive tailgate that you won't want to miss out on!

There are three packages to choose from. Go online for more event details and register today!

RSVP deadline is April 8.

When:
Saturday, April 29
First pitch scheduled for 7:15 p.m.
Pregame tailgate official start time 3 p.m.

Where:
Kauffman Stadium
Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals

Last edited:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I've seen enough today to state that the Minnesota Twins are this years World Series frontrunners.

Anything can happen. I went with 100:1 odds in '91 in Vegas and that turned out OK.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Anything can happen. I went with 100:1 odds in '91 in Vegas and that turned out OK.

Not saying this would happen but when the Twins played the Braves in the WS 25+ years ago, each time had the worst record in their league the year before.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Although the 2-0 start does have me a little excited, I am a bit of a realist. Therefore, being that the Twins best pitching prospects aren't even on the team yet, I'm predicting that they won't lose a game until about 2025.

and joe mauer will still be batting third

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Most dominant team in baseball.

Two games into the season and Sid Hartman's headline today is "Sano's Adjustments Paying Off". Then proclaiming him the hottest hitter in the AL. Sid, baby, he is 2 for 6. Not a bad start, better than 1-6 or 0-6 but it's two games, man. :rolleyes: