2/11-12 Winter Weather Thread

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thank God we had good weather a couple weeks ago to melt the snow we had because if we didn’t, there’d be 6 ft of snow on the lawn.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Thank God we had good weather a couple weeks ago to melt the snow we had because if we didn’t, there’d be 6 ft of snow on the lawn.

No kidding. I cleared an extra pass in the grass along my driveway and a big area on both sides near the street to accommodate the piles from this week's snow.

Reactions: aauummm

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I like snow. My driveway doesn’t though, and I think the old lady is about to go ape **** on someone. She hates winter. Gonna be a real awkward conversation when I tell her I want to retire in MT.

Congrats on becoming a bachelor at retirement
xd5zx3.png

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
My driveway and the streets down here in Southern Iowa are a sheet of ice. I spent an hour yesterday breaking ice off my deck, good thing I did or I need would have gotten the keg of beer I bought up my ramp to the deck. More freezing rain and snow tomorrow. Is this winter ever going to end?

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Western Iowa (far west central) has had practically zero snow this winter. Had about 3-4 inches early December in one event and maybe 3-4 inches since for a grand total of about 6-8 inches total. The forecasts always predict good amounts of snow and about 12 hours before event it completely has been getting blown up and we end up getting zero.
Same thing has happened for the system moving through today. A couple days ago, and even yesterday, we were predicted for 5+ inches and now we may get some freezing rain and up to 1 inch.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
No kidding. I cleared an extra pass in the grass along my driveway and a big area on both sides near the street to accommodate the piles from this week's snow.
We keep the garbage can outside on the side of the house. It's fun having to clear a whole new path so you can get garbage curbside. <First World Problems/>

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1