10 Years Ago Today

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
No, Forte wore 13. That was Keiton Page. Forte started at OSU the season after this shot.

Here is a shot of Page (then on the OSU staff) shaking hands with Forte.
588d3062d99b3.image.jpg

I’ll never be convinced they weren’t the same guy

Reactions: xboxfever

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Technically it was 8+. Forte suffered a season ending injury his senior year after playing in a few games. He got to come back for a fifth year.

Forte shooting over 48% from 3 in Big 12 play his last year was the final dagger in playing against those two.

That's right!

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Technically it was 8+. Forte suffered a season ending injury his senior year after playing in a few games. He got to come back for a fifth year.

Forte shooting over 48% from 3 in Big 12 play his last year was the final dagger in playing against those two.
A clone of jorbo almost

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I always referred to Forte as "Fake Keiton Paige".
Forte was better in most measurable ways - more 3s, betters %s, less turnovers, way better defense.
However, he was 0-8 in games against Iowa State thanks in part to a great assassin of our own. Matt Thomas had 26 three-pointers on 46.4% shooting against Forte's 17 on 38.3% in their matchups.

Naz is remembered as the Cowboy killer for hitting the shot that people could hear from Stephens, but Matt was the one with ice in his veins.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
When Forte and Page were around, OSU was incredibly good at using illegal screens to get them open without ever being called for it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My favorite Scotty C moment might have been at CHA. This is how I remember it, hope I still have all the details right anyway.

He had just been drilling 3s all game, and towards the end of the game, ISU was up maybe 4 or 5, ISU got a turnover and he was already in the corner, all by himself, squared up and ready to shoot as the ball came across half court. Totally undefended.

The crowd saw this about the same time as our PG (probably Diante), and let out a collective audible "ughh" of sadness and disappointment. PG threw him the ball, he put it right in. It was great. Just the reaction of the crowd PRE-shot, where they KNEW it was coming but none of the Hawks on the floor could figure it out.

Looked it up, Scotty was 7-12 from 3 that game, scored 30.

• Love
Reactions: VeloClone

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Forte was better in most measurable ways - more 3s, betters %s, less turnovers, way better defense.
However, he was 0-8 in games against Iowa State thanks in part to a great assassin of our own. Matt Thomas had 26 three-pointers on 46.4% shooting against Forte's 17 on 38.3% in their matchups.

Naz is remembered as the Cowboy killer for hitting the shot that people could hear from Stephens, but Matt was the one with ice in his veins.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but the "Legend of Threesus" was born at least in part from his OT performance in Stillwater his sophomore year.

Naz and Ice both earned their reps as stone cold Cowboy killers.

Reactions: CYTUTT