Let’s talk Jackrabbits

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
This feels like a game where a top tier team in the best conference takes it to a mid major in a below average league. I get you can’t over look teams and anything can happen in March but play our game on defense and be mediocre on offense and you win by 15.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Could we lose? Sure, cause sports. But it would be our worst loss by a significant margin and their best win by a significant margin. No one should talk this up like it will be a challenging game. You never know what we will get from our offense, but we should absolutely smother these guys on defense. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to lose this game.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Could we lose? Sure, cause sports. But it would be our worst loss by a significant margin and their best win by a significant margin. No one should talk this up like it will be a challenging game. You never know what we will get from our offense, but we should absolutely smother these guys on defense. It would take some extraordinary circumstances to lose this game.
We had a great season no matter what happens in the tournament.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

There’s been plenty of 1/16, 2/15 etc type games that will be close at half but the higher seed ultimately wins by a comfortable margin. That’s highly plausible with this kind of matchup; I’m just not looking forward to people coming unglued when the first few minutes doesn’t go to plan.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There’s been plenty of 1/16, 2/15 etc type games that will be close at half but the higher seed ultimately wins by a comfortable margin. That’s highly plausible with this kind of matchup; I’m just not looking forward to people coming unglued when the first few minutes doesn’t go to plan.
If memory serves the 2000 game against Central Connecticut wasn't a walk in the park. It's not guaranteed to be easy, but I feel good about this team to win even if things aren't going well on the offensive end. We are playing elite defense right now and I feel like that will always show up.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If memory serves the 2000 game against Central Connecticut wasn't a walk in the park. It's not guaranteed to be easy, but I feel good about this team to win even if things aren't going well on the offensive end. We are playing elite defense right now and I feel like that will always show up.

Found the recap. Won by 10. Started fast but they came back to tie it in the 2nd

Reactions: CyNews

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Haven't watched them, but we struggle with long athletic defenses and byu who are tons of shooters with guards that handled our pressure. When we played low major guards like Iowa etc. We embarrassed them. Doubt sdsu has the athletes to hang, but we'll see.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I would probably only be worried about early foul trouble having to change how ISU plays and getting them uncomfortable but ISU has also handled that very well the entire season and imo defend aggressively very well without fouling; it's not like WV Huggy ball really at all (that was implied at some point).

Otherwise shots have to fall but even there, having three guards that can get to the hoop just to get a bucket is a huge deal. It has to be the most interchangeable group since Tinsley, Horton, and Nurse.

The key for the offense in general looks like ball movement and patience, even on run outs/forcing turnovers, and the Big 12 tournament is all the proof that's needed for that.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
They were ranked 169th on KenPom February 17th but finished the year ranked 137th after winning 8 straight games; they are playing their best basketball at the right time.
Look at those 8 games and who they played. They'd be 0-8 if they'd played our last 8 games.

Reactions: CyNews

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
The Summit League is significantly worse than the MVC. I have no idea how that team is going to be able to prepare for our level of physical play. Not saying we destroy them but it should be a pretty good win.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Looks like they’re a pretty good offensive team. Average 76.8 ppg, are 18th in effective FG%, and 27th in offensive efficiency. They shoot almost 37% from 3, but don’t take a high volume of them. They do average 10.8 TOs per game, which ranks 96th in the nation. So, I think we can turn them over.

They’re poor defensively, ranking 259th in defensive efficiency (slightly better than Iowa). They’re also really bad at rebounding, 101st in defensive rebounds per game and 329th in offensive rebounds per game. 125th in total rebounding %

I think a more-turnover prone Iowa is a good comp for them (just looking at the metrics).

Last edited: