Why is life worth living?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
1,000% this. I was never on it but wife is and from what I see all FB has become are parents bragging on their kids, people bragging about being on a beach somewhere, and pretty much everyone trying to present themselves as having a life that's 100x better than it actually is. So of course people look at all that and wonder "Why isn't my life that perfect? Why aren't my kids that accomplished? Why am I not on a beach or relaxing by a fire with a glass of wine and smart looking book bragging about the perfect Friday night?" when in reality, I'd bet my house that the second after that pic of the book and wine and fire was taken the person who took it put the book back on the shelf, dumped the wine, poured a vodka and 7up, and turned on the Kardashians with their hand stuffed into the waistband of the pair of sweatpants they have on.

Very few post the real stuff, the problems, the sh*t stressing them out. There's no way this false existence doesn't have an effect on the anxiety and depression of others who see it.

And it's not limited to FB. All of social media is so f*cking toxic. More than once I've had to talk with our older daughter who just graduated college and sees all these people her age posting about being financially independent and living these amazing lives and being made to feel like a failure. reassuring her that what she's seeing isn't real.

I seriously f*cking hate it.
i truley cant stand this type of stuff.. ive gone from around 600ish friends down to 300 on that platform. the reason i keep it is so i can be apart of family groups to know whats going on. otherwise i would have ditched it long ago.

i dont give a rats ass what youre doing, selling, promoting. or to be blunt, i dont give a rats ass what your kid is doing, either. i dont care they had a baseball tournament in toledo ohio and on the way there you stopped at in-and-out.

i think people CRAVE attention and likes so they must update all 1600 facebook friends whats going on.

also, i used to see the bible verse people.. i wanna jsut tell them to stfu. i know who you are and what youre like and your going to post a bible verse about how your all high and might. gtfo. you like craving psycho.

anyway.. enjoy your day fellow cf'ers!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
i truley cant stand this type of stuff.. ive gone from around 600ish friends down to 300 on that platform. the reason i keep it is so i can be apart of family groups to know whats going on. otherwise i would have ditched it long ago.

i dont give a rats ass what youre doing, selling, promoting. or to be blunt, i dont give a rats ass what your kid is doing, either. i dont care they had a baseball tournament in toledo ohio and on the way there you stopped at in-and-out.

i think people CRAVE attention and likes so they must update all 1600 facebook friends whats going on.

also, i used to see the bible verse people.. i wanna jsut tell them to stfu. i know who you are and what youre like and your going to post a bible verse about how your all high and might. gtfo. you like craving psycho.

anyway.. enjoy your day fellow cf'ers!

Mental health is better without FB. I've been off for almost 4 years.

Believe me, folks, you will not miss it.

Now if I could stay off Twitter

Reactions: exCYtable and bos

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I don’t mind Twitter that much actually. Find it’s easier to “curate” and I get the news/sports/etc content I want. Far less narcissistic “look at me!” posts than FB or Insta.

I just need to bite the bullet on Facebook. It’s not so much a mental health thing, more that it’s become far more useless to me. Rarely post and haven’t updated **** in years

• Agree
Reactions: bos and Cyclonsin

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Fred was right when he said Social Media will be the end of humanity, or however he worded it.

My girls are 6 and 9, and I'm going to keep them off it as long as possible. Growing up is tough enough without additional bullying and constantly feeling inadequate in everything that you do.