Football: Walkout song

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I think the crowd is pumped up regardless of the music, but thats just my opinion
Look up the best college entrances on Youtube...things they all have in common Extremely pumped up crowds and usually a very iconic song, with lots of rock and metal and a hell of a beat and rifts.

What none of them have...obscure rap songs by people with annoying voices like Lil Wayne. If they have rap it is a very iconic rap song, but very very few have rap.

I like some rap here and there, but very few I would ever call pump up songs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I do agree with Chris from the podcast though that Iowa State should really lean into using the sirens to almost an obnoxious level. For that reason I have no issue with fireman since it uses sirens in it.
Exactly. I'm not a rap fan at all but this song will play extremely well. People will b*tch no matter what just because that's what they do. The point of the song is to have some kind of a theme element to the Cyclones/team and the players are on board with it. It does this. People whining are just whiners.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Look up the best college entrances on Youtube...things they all have in common Extremely pumped up crowds and usually a very iconic song, with lots of rock and metal and a hell of a beat and rifts.

What none of them have...obscure rap songs by people with annoying voices like Lil Wayne. If they have rap it is a very iconic rap song, but very very few have rap.

And they don't change every damn year or two. Stick with something!

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
I respect their hustle, but I'm with @NorthCyd. I'm a hip hop head through and through, but I've never quite grasped pop culture's infatuation with Weezy and Drake.

With that said, literally anything not Deep Purple is fantastic.
you must be an oldhead putting drake in the same convo as Lil Wayne. Yes they did a lot of collabs together being a part of the same label for a while but they really aren't anywhere close in terms of rap talent

Reactions: cyence

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Exactly. I'm not a rap fan at all but this song will play extremely well. People will b*tch no matter what just because that's what they do. The point of the song is to have some kind of a theme element to the Cyclones/team and the players are on board with it. It does this. People whining are just whiners.
More sirens, and louder sirens, good.

Rap song with the voice of Lil Wayne, bad.

• Haha
Reactions: GetAwesome

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That is awful. Nothing about that gets me pumped up.
I wouldn't say it's a good song by any means, and it will sound like **** coming out of our broke ass sound system, but I'd prefer that to any of the nu metal that gets thrown around here. Nothing says small town Iowa boy (not saying this is you) like recommending Saliva for a D1 football intro.

• Haha
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
More sirens, and louder sirens, good.

Rap song with the voice of Lil Wayne, bad.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

VT's Enter Sandman might be one of the coolest, and I dont disagree ISU needs its own thing. I also wouldnt call Fireman obscure. I do think they need to lean into the Siren more

• Agree
Reactions: cyence and 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I wouldn't say it's a good song by any means, and it will sound like **** coming out of our broke ass sound system, but I'd prefer that to any of the nu metal that gets thrown around here. Nothing says small town Iowa boy (not saying this is you) like recommending Saliva for a D1 football intro.
But... maybe embrace that we are small town Iowa and lots of our fans are. Maybe embrace who we are, not try to be something we arent.

I get the idea of the song. But it will turn off a lot of the fans, instead of getting them all together and pumped.

And no I dont suggest Saliva either.

And it will be distorted to **** coming out of the system we have.

• Dumb
Reactions: clonedude

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
But... maybe embrace that we are small town Iowa and lots of our fans are. Maybe embrace who we are, not try to be something we arent.

I get the idea of the song. But it will turn off a lot of the fans, instead of getting them all together and pumped.

Yes! Because every recruit outside the state wants to run out of the tunnel to cotton eyed joe

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

And it will be distorted to **** coming out of the system we have.
Dropping a big beat is all that matters. Nobody is air guitaring the riffs. It's about building anticipation and a timely drop. It's not rocket science, but marketing and fans seem to think so.

Can even the most music illiterate fans clap to it? Will it make students dance? Does it build drama and come to a crescendo?

Boom, you have a good entrance song.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You might be right I sound like and old man...but this song sucks. Bad.
Lil Wayne's voice... is not for me. But you will hardly hear it because you will only hear the first 45 seconds give or take of the song and then everyone will be screaming. His voice is a non-factor. It's not about the song as a whole. It's about that beginning element. And I think it has the makings of something really cool when paired with a team walk out.