Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
From Thamel's ESPN+, interesting take on M. Crow:

"Crow has been at ASU since 2002 and has played a central role in keeping the school's sleeping giant of an athletic department, asleep. As former commissioner Larry Scott's staunchest supporter, Crow was a central figure in the league's failures during his tenure. ASU leaving would mark a Crow failure, something he's expected to be hesitant to do because of his role in the downfall."
The guy and much of his sycophant staff are fairly insufferable. When I mentioned to him that I was an ISU guy too, he almost scoffed. I think he wishes he wasn't.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The more it looks like the Pac will basically be done after this season, the more excited I get for my Vegas trip and going to the Pac football championship game in December.

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
It's too bad the Big 12 Football Championship is locked into AT&T Stadium until 2030. Allegiant Stadium in Vegas will soon have an open date.

Reactions: 06_CY

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If there's 18 teams, it might happen again.

If there's 20 teams, it will probably happen again.
I don't disagree but if the conference does go back to divisions or pods, there's no way they're going to make them as unbalanced competitively as they have been.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's too bad the Big 12 Football Championship is locked into AT&T Stadium until 2030. Allegiant Stadium in Vegas will soon have an open date.
After that crap the UNLV athletics department pulled when we were out there, not sure Pollard would want anything to do with that stadium for a while

gipper2001

Aug 28, 2013
Phoenix
From Thamel's ESPN+, interesting take on M. Crow:

"Crow has been at ASU since 2002 and has played a central role in keeping the school's sleeping giant of an athletic department, asleep. As former commissioner Larry Scott's staunchest supporter, Crow was a central figure in the league's failures during his tenure. ASU leaving would mark a Crow failure, something he's expected to be hesitant to do because of his role in the downfall."
I have lived in the Phoenix area since 1992. After the Rose Bowl season of 1996, national and local media constantly talked about the "sleeping giant" of ASU football and that they could be the west coast version of Florida State. ASU has never been back to the Rose Bowl and their record since '96 is 171-145 (.541), pretty mediocre. There is simply no excuse why they have not become a consistent Top 25 team at the very least. Arizona has become a great recruiting state and is nestled between talent rich California and Texas. And with the "talent" of the student body, I don't see how they don't consistently get Top 15 or Top 20 recruiting classes.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I don't disagree but if the conference does go back to divisions or pods, there's no way they're going to make them as unbalanced competitively as they have been.
A 20 team conference is actually super easy for scheduling purposes. For football you have two divisions and play the other 9 teams in your division plus your 3 non-con games. Division winners play for the title. You just have to balance the divisions by talent and not by geography. For basketball no divisions and everyone plays everybody else once.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
After that crap the UNLV athletics department pulled when we were out there, not sure Pollard would want anything to do with that stadium for a while
What happened? Was it payback for their perceived screw job vs ISU football in Ames about 15 years ago?

Help Support Us

Become a patron