Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Mix yourself a drink I tell myself. That still looks a little light in that 24 oz orca so add a little more………not a wise idea.

Out to eat with family last night and thought ordering octopus would be interesting since I like Calamari.

...let's just say it wasn't Calamari.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well wasn't expecting to work MN but a coworker got injured so I'm covering a little extra.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just watched a video where some dude just infused 12 different kinds of apples in whiskey. He had to do shots of each and taste the apples afterwards. Of course the dude gets drunk and says the last two were the best. Not a lot of faith in his analysis.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Just when I thought Hollywood had run out of ideas they dust of a movie about Air Jordans and Tetris. Just top tier stuff.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I want to see John wick 4, but nobody else has seen the JW movies so I’m probably waiting until Netflix.
I think the previous 3 are all on hulu. I have only seen the first but it's good fun watch I'll probably eventually make my way through the others

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just read an article about Clint Eastwood not appearing in public for over 400 days and speculation about his health. They quoted some doctor who has never treated him speculating about osteoporosis. What kind of quack do you have to be to go on the record speculating about someones health when you only can reference pictures and video of the person? Lame.

EDIT: and year old pictures and video to boot.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/clint-eastwood-final-film-career-084322866.html

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just followed a student down the hall in my building on the ISU campus. He was wearing an Iowa ball cap and had an Iowa backpack.

• Dislike
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Mix yourself a drink I tell myself. That still looks a little light in that 24 oz orca so add a little more………not a wise idea.
In New Orleans, if you order a hurricane and they ask if you want another shot it is bad form to say no. If you are asking yourself a similar question it would also be bad form to say no.

Last weekend I was on a guys' weekend. There were four of us. We woke up on Saturday to discover that we had emptied 2 bottles of bourbon and half a bottle of gin. We also didn't arrive at our destination until after 4. We went out to dinner and had a couple of beers and were gone for 3 hours at another destination where we consumed 4 drinks. I assume we must have dumped a bunch down the sink :jimlad:.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Out to eat with family last night and thought ordering octopus would be interesting since I like Calamari.

...let's just say it wasn't Calamari.
Never had calamari and only had half of octopus.
Octopus is more like slimy fish than calamari.

BC - If you get a chance, fried calamari is really good. The pieces that look like tentacles can be off-putting due to their texture but the little round pieces are always good. I guess you'd sort of compare it to fried clams.

note: There is a couple of potential euphemisms and an easy word scramble in there if anybody wants to try.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just when I thought Hollywood had run out of ideas they dust of a movie about Air Jordans and Tetris. Just top tier stuff.
I'll probably watch the Air Jordans movie because it was such an important aspect of pop culture when I went to high school. I don't really like the way that Jordan changed athletics, ending up being bigger than the team and maybe even the sport, but it really was a revolution in marketing.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'll probably watch the Air Jordans movie because it was such an important aspect of pop culture when I went to high school. I don't really like the way that Jordan changed athletics, ending up being bigger than the team and maybe even the sport, but it really was a revolution in marketing.
What it really did was turn sports marketing into the billion dollar business it is today.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.