New Pepsi Logo

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Didn't bother with Pepsi or Coke when I was in Japan. Went straight for the melon. It was oishi and went well with my noodle sandwich.

melon soda.jpg

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Interesting, the name on the logo here is the Russian spelling for the pronunciation of "pepsi cola". I guess I'd have thought there were other actual words that "pepsi cola" translated to in Russian.

Lots of interesting stuff out there on advertising in other languages. Everyone knows the classic "Nova" that wouldn't sell in Latin America because "no va" means "it doesn't go". Don't think they even bother to translate brand names anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Used to be practically impossible to obtain Pepsi in France, let alone anything without sugar. Plus maintenant !

diet pepsi en France.jpg

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lots of interesting stuff out there on advertising in other languages. Everyone knows the classic "Nova" that wouldn't sell in Latin America because "no va" means "it doesn't go". Don't think they even bother to translate brand names anymore.
So if we're talking Kentucky Fried Chicken (before they transitioned officially to KFC), in Russian the word for chicken is "kuritsa". So if they see a sign that has the Russian spelling for the pronunciation of "Kentucky Fried Chicken" I'm wondering how people there will know what "chicken" is?