***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Realize he’s a HS recruit but in the grey area of signed. If ISU is looking for a Osun replacement….

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Counting on 3 freshman for key roles in 2023/24 doesn't seem to be the best path in the current college game.. Older is better
I would still take a 7'1 5 star center

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Counting on 3 freshman for key roles in 2023/24 doesn't seem to be the best path in the current college game.. Older is better
Don't disagree, but...
A 7'1" shot blocker is hard to find on the transfer market and highly competitive to get. I don't expect TJ would go after Evans as I am unaware of any connections that the staff uses to recruit. but if ISU is planning on adding a C in the spring they could do worse. After all Talent > Age often.

Reactions: ruflosn

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Everything I have heard about the kid is there is a reason he was a Minnesota commit. Everyone i know says he is way overrated. He is stiff and not that athletic. I think, even though it sounds crazy, that we can do better than this 5 star, ranked number 11 player.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I agree to an extent. A lot of those 5 year seniors are a good as they're gonna be though as well, which we've run into this year. A good and healthy mix is nice

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I agree to an extent. A lot of those 5 year seniors are a good as they're gonna be though as well, which we've run into this year. A good and healthy mix is nice
Agree with the caveat that with TJ's recruiting classes scheduled to come in. We need experience to compliment those pieces.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
This was the last chip he had to save it. He's done and I honestly have no idea who Minnesota would look at at this point.
Maybe Devries? Assuming he isn't holding out for Iowa or Creighton

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Iowa and Creighton are not changing coaches any time soon. So either Devries get's a different job or he is staying at Drake.
He's losing most of his team, only has one guy signed for next year and has his kid as a bargaining chip plus he put a long time Big Ten assistant on his bench this year who (wouldn't you know it) is from the Twin Cities.

I don't know if it's Minnesota but it feels like Darian is definitely looking to jump.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
If smart, and I'm not sure they are, U of MN should go after Ryan Saunders. Former grad/player and has head coaching experience at the Timberwolves

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Everything I have heard about the kid is there is a reason he was a Minnesota commit. Everyone i know says he is way overrated. He is stiff and not that athletic. I think, even though it sounds crazy, that we can do better than this 5 star, ranked number 11 player.

He chose Minny over Kansas and TCU.

That is decent company and I think putting feelers out on him would be a wise thing to do.

I can't imagine he would do any worse than BRE in the turnover department, do just as well on the offensive end......and for obvious reasons be better protecting the rim.

Reactions: cymac2408

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
He chose Minny over Kansas and TCU.

That is decent company and I think putting feelers out on him would be a wise thing to do.

I can't imagine he would do any worse than BRE in the turnover department, do just as well on the offensive end......and for obvious reasons be better protecting the rim.
I believe he has a high school teammate or AAU buddy on the MN team, which was the connection. Maybe that guy told him he was going to transfer