Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Trying to catch a ground hog. So far I’ve got a possum (wandered in while we were on vacay and was dead when found). Now a skunk, unsure what my options are here. Are skunks useful?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My son told me about a situation today where technology sucks in education. He got a set of testing back and he did poorly on it. He's usually a pretty high scorer so when I say he did poorly, for him it's being in the 80area percentile for stuff. He told me he was told to go slow and do what you can, he told me he did but couldn't finish any section. I told him I would blast through and do the easy stuff I knew and come back and keep picking stuff off until I finished. He mentioned that the computers now don't allow that and you have to answer the current question to get to the next. So, if you get hung up on one or two questions in a row, it can basically tank your scores.

The other issue comes up, that if they do poorer than the school expects, they get placed into "intervention", which means you get study hall time immediately after lunch instead of the free 20-30 minutes they have, for the quarter or semester. He had to leave quickly though since he got a free breakfast from the school for having a 4.0 for the semester. Get a 4.0 and possibly have to get punished since you did poorly on one test; makes a lot of freaking sense. I am hating this, this one test matters 99% type system. Thankfully I am on the last one going through and can be done with it soon.
My daughter recently informed me that she didn't do very well on a test. She only got a 29 out of 33.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone and NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
One OCD hang up I have is that anytime I use butter, peanut butter, frosting, even last night making pizza and putting sauce on the dough; I have a huge issue that I need to smooth it out the best I can with what I'm doing. The pizza sauce needed to be as smooth and even as I could get it, I calmed that by adding toppings, but I made myself try to equalize the toppings on the pizza as much as possible.

I just made myself a sandwich and with the tub of butter (I don't use butter very often) I had to scrape the butter that I needed to even out as much as possible. I want the top of the container to be level and smooth. It's not but I feel I have done the best I can with what I started with. Toothpaste, my wife just randomly squeezing and I got nuts about it, I have to get it so the bottom is empty as far as possible. I will eat my sandwich, by pulling the crust off and eating that, then I will take bites to keep it as square or rectangular as possible. Not complaining since these are just little quirks and I don't obsess over them majorly and I know others that can lose their minds over it. Just stupid little things I do.
I used to eat fries by taking a few out, placing them on a surface, arranging them in order from smallest to largest, and I'd eat them in order from smallest to largest. I stopped doing this when my friends caught me doing this and started mocking me about it.

Reactions: BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I used to eat fries by taking a few out, placing them on a surface, arranging them in order from smallest to largest, and I'd eat them in order from smallest to largest. I stopped doing this when my friends caught me doing this and started mocking me about it.
I always eat the smallest potato chips, crackers, carrots, green beans, etc. first. Probably fries, too, although I rarely have them.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I always eat the smallest potato chips, crackers, carrots, green beans, etc. first. Probably fries, too, although I rarely have them.
I used to do that with other stuff too but I was caught doing that with fries. Peer pressure and mockery are powerful forces when you are about 17.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
1675891771556.png

This is a link to a story on ESPN's main page and all I can picture is Russell Westbrook arguing with a large chunk of meat.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
View attachment 109447

This is a link to a story on ESPN's main page and all I can picture is Russell Westbrook arguing with a large chunk of meat.

I think someone took Westbrook aside in the 3rd quarter last night. LeBron was going off in the chase for the record, everyone was feeding him the ball, the crowd was insane, then Westbrrok came in and didn't get the memo.

Suddenly, and I don't know who talked to him, Westbrook rediscovered how to pass, and the record fell.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Ever watch the Steve Martin movie "Roxanne" when Rick Rossovich's character learns the word extemporaneous and keeps using it over and over again?
It's a terrific movie. So many clever lines.

“When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall.”

Sometimes I take a walk at night and I see couples walking, holding hands and I look at them and I think: "Why not me?". Then I catch my shadow on the wall...

“I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world.”

“- Dixie: It's a riddle. What can you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with?
- C.D. Bales: I don't know.
- Dixie: A chair, a bed, and a toothbrush.
- C.D. Bales: What's the point?
- Dixie: The point is that sometimes the answer is so obvious, you don't even realize it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.”

I imagine a bunch of them were paraphrased from Cyrano de Bergerac but they're still pretty clever.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think someone took Westbrook aside in the 3rd quarter last night. LeBron was going off in the chase for the record, everyone was feeding him the ball, the crowd was insane, then Westbrrok came in and didn't get the memo.

Suddenly, and I don't know who talked to him, Westbrook rediscovered how to pass, and the record fell.
Basically, you are saying that Russell Westbrook is a big chunk of meat?

Reactions: CycloneErik

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm disappointed that ZRF didn't use his/her personalized thread to enlighten the rest of us to his BB knowledge. Hell the damn thread even got locked the posts that are remaining really weren't that bad MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron