I have the flu

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I never knew this was a thing. I always had distinctly one or the other. But a few months ago I experienced this exact feeling for the first time and chose the same route as Clonehomer. Frankly I was pretty happy that I was given a choice.

The thing that really sucks though about vomiting and bad diarrhea is that you can rarely get away with just one trip to the bathroom. And then what do you do if it's like 1am? Do you go to bed or just hang out in the bathroom?
That's easy you sleep curled up in a ball on the cold tile of the bathroom

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I would take the flu (influenza) over puking or even a bad sore throat/man cold. Fevers have never bothered me a ton, just take some Tylenol or Advil and ride the hot/cold roller coster.

Lucky for me, I have the gene for being immune/resistant to norovirus. I hate puking.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I never knew this was a thing. I always had distinctly one or the other. But a few months ago I experienced this exact feeling for the first time and chose the same route as Clonehomer. Frankly I was pretty happy that I was given a choice.

The thing that really sucks though about vomiting and bad diarrhea is that you can rarely get away with just one trip to the bathroom. And then what do you do if it's like 1am? Do you go to bed or just hang out in the bathroom?

Husband slept on the bathroom floor til 4am.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I would take the flu (influenza) over puking or even a bad sore throat/man cold. Fevers have never bothered me a ton, just take some Tylenol or Advil and ride the hot/cold roller coster.

Lucky for me, I have the gene for being immune/resistant to norovirus. I hate puking.

Sore throats are my number one most hated.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
But having diarrhea while also having to vomit, it far from fun. You gotta pick which end takes priority.
Sometimes you just have to grab a wastebasket and let fly from both ends. Had a nasty bout of food poisoning in 2009 that brought me to that place.

Even worse was having a roommate in the same situation in a single bath apartment. Negotiating a rotation was tricky.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think I got some bad water (Nebraska) when I was blowing from both ends. Half a bottle of Yukon Jack fixed that after 4 days of hell.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I had a bad case of influenza in my 20s. Never again. I get the flu shot religiously now. I spent every waking moment for over a week wanting to die.

• Wow
Reactions: nrg4isu

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I haven’t puked from non alcohol related illness since I was 8. My symptoms for flu are usually fever and chills, which frankly I kind of enjoy as long as I can go to bed.

I get the big D, which isn’t fun, but it’s better than vomiting.

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesFTW

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I had a bad case of influenza in my 20s. Never again. I get the flu shot religiously now. I spent every waking moment for over a week wanting to die.
Daughter and I got influenza A right around Thanksgiving. I’ve lived through some crap but nothing compared to that. As you said it was a week of either sleeping or wishing you were asleep or dead. That is a whole other level of feeling like hell!!

Reactions: somecyguy

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
A few years ago I caught a stomach bug that made me vomit 8 times in 24 hours, plus wicked poops. The only good thing about it is that you can lay around in bed all day without feeling like a lazy piece of ****.
There is one more good thing. Great weight loss diet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron