Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My ash trees are gone. My maple tree is 2/3 dead so he said while he's here he'll take it down for a little more. All my trees are gone

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY and SaraV

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Skimmed the junk mail and just got this:

Fwd:Greetings Beneficiary

This is mr Judge victory from Federal Reserve Bank
we have your Compensation Funds which was credited with $ 90,000,000
we have three options on how to receive your fund.
1. Bank Deposit
2. Online banking self Transfer
3.ATM Card Shipping from DHL
you have to make one of your choice to proceed immediately because it
takes 24 hour’s per each reflection.

Sincerely
Mr jugde victory

I would love to see a 90MM ATM card. With the $300 limits or so that most have per transaction. That would be 300,000 withdrawals to get the cash. I do love how he can't even spell his name the same way each time.
That spelling “jugde” made me think of “Jugdish” in Animal House.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pretty good day in Ames today great win by the Men and a entertaining game by the women with a poor result. Hey Ames people you should talk up Downtown Deli more it is really good ended up there after the men's game the lime at Carolines was 45 minutes so we just went to the Deli instead. That place is a good deal!

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
So I was about to go to bed when I heard someone yell "GET THE **** OUT OF THE CAR". I ran to the window and saw the cops had someone at gunpoint right out front. They detained him and the passenger and then searched the car. They ended up letting them go, and of course the driver makes sure everyone knows about his modified exhaust as he speeds off.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Replacing under cabinet lights today. First time. Did one to see what I was doing. Youngest driving me back to grab a couple more. Going LED this time.

Isn't that pretty much all there is now?

Just replaced the bulbs in my kitchen's hanging pendent lights. They were old incandescent 60 watt small A15's. Was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to replace the old dimmer. They dimmed fine with no flicker or buzz. Was for sure thinking I'd need a new dimmer, even bought one with the new bulbs. Seems the LED's are getting better, these are high lumen for their size and brighter than the 60 watt they replace. For a while the "equivalents" seemed to put out less lumens.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Isn't that pretty much all there is now?

Just replaced the bulbs in my kitchen's hanging pendent lights. They were old incandescent 60 watt small A15's. Was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to replace the old dimmer. They dimmed fine with no flicker or buzz. Was for sure thinking I'd need a new dimmer, even bought one with the new bulbs. Seems the LED's are getting better, these are high lumen for their size and brighter than the 60 watt they replace. For a while the "equivalents" seemed to put out less lumens.
Mostly. There were some old big bulb ones. Not A15 but bigger ones. Not sure why you would do those.

Ours are hard wired so I wanted to have time to tear into and daylight. Our old ones are pushing 20 years and they work sometimes and sometimes they don’t. All different sizes also, pain to get bulbs simce
They are different sizes. New ones have white to yellow light, different levels of brightness and you can swivel the light.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Trusted thru Sydney airport to Auckland. The AU portion of our trip starts in Hobart, Tasmania in a little over a week. We board in Auckland tomorrow and then sail down the east coast of NZ
Cool. You'll probably pass near the Shire.

Status
Not open for further replies.