***2022-23 MBB General Thread***

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Would have been nice to be in a tie for first but it actually may be better in the long run Texas winning? Don't need teams around us in the standing sweeping good teams in the league.

Texas still has road games at Kansas, at Baylor, at TCU and home games vs Iowa State and Kansas.

If Kansas beats Texas Monday night in Lawrence and we beat WVU (tough task) we're tied for first.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Texas has to be in the driver's seat now after that win. Kansas needs to take them out(puke) or they might run away with the title.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Always want the home team to win, unless it is Texas at home.
I just looked at KSU's remaining schedule...it's good they lost today. They don't have any road games left against any of the league leaders (ISU, KU, TCU, Baylor, Texas). They're still likely in the driver's seat so them losing today actually may be good.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
WVU trouncing Oklahoma. I have us losing in Morgantown. They need wins badly to get into the field and we rarely play well there.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The Texas win is not really a huge deal at this time because they lost to KSU at home. What we don't want is any of the contenders sweeping one of the others unless of course we are the ones doing the sweeping. Both Texas and Iowa State are +2 in the Tim Floyd standings I believe, so we are actually right on track. We let one really get away (Tech meltdown) that would have put us in the driver's seat, but if by some grace of God the guys can win in Morgantown, then we would be back in the driver's seat because winning both on the road in Lubbock and Morgantown was likely not in the cards. Getting one was the main objective.

We are trying to do the harder thing though because Tech is not good, and we had it. Winning in Morgantown is not likely.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
WVU trouncing Oklahoma. I have us losing in Morgantown. They need wins badly to get into the field and we rarely play well there.

ISU won there in 2015 and it was weird considering that team would curl up vs. teams that mucked up the game.

Oklahoma is having one of those nights.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Nova and Creighton coming down the wire here. Nova with a huge three to take a 61-60 lead with 34 seconds left.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Okie State will have a say in the Big 12 race. I think they take KSU and KU at home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron