Site Conduct and Discourse

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm completely out of the loop here but what happened with Pants?

Is he okay? Did he announce some sort of retirement on here? Or did he just disappear?

@alarson @cowgirl836 anything that you can say to fill me in?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm completely out of the loop here but what happened with Pants?

Is he okay? Did he announce some sort of retirement on here? Or did he just disappear?

@alarson @cowgirl836 anything that you can say to fill me in?

He got in a bit of a tiff with CW over the ads on the site and CW put him on the discouraged list.

While on the discouraged list, he can access the site, but only barely. Page load times are extended, random errors are thrown, etc.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Beyond you're control.... blow me. More like this is "Uncontrollable"

pee-poo.gif
You come up with the best GIFs.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He got in a bit of a tiff with CW over the ads on the site and CW put him on the discouraged list.

While on the discouraged list, he can access the site, but only barely. Page load times are extended, random errors are thrown, etc.

That imbroglio was in November 2021 and Pants kept posting at high volumes until September 2022. Then he just... stops... after an innocuous post about some live music events that he's enjoyed lately.

That is pretty impressive he fought through CW's de facto shadow ban for a year like that. Seems like a random time to throw in the towel, though. There doesn't seem to have been a final straw.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That imbroglio was in November 2021 and Pants kept posting at high volumes until September 2022. Then he just... stops... after an innocuous post about some live music events that he's enjoyed lately.

That is pretty impressive he fought through CW's de facto shadow ban for a year like that. Seems like a random time to throw in the towel, though. There doesn't seem to have been a final straw.

Yeah, I think at first he didn't know he was on that list (just thought the board was running like ****, which it does sometimes), but eventually figured out he was being throttled.

Decent chance he just has another name he switched to.

Then again, some times some posters just disappear.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, I think at first he didn't know he was on that list (just thought the board was running like ****, which it does sometimes), but eventually figured out he was being throttled.

Phaedrus comes to mind. Last I heard, he moved to the Middle-east, and took a job telling locals how they were making their tahini wrong.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Whar Cyched?

Reactions: CloniesForLife