Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That is disgusting.
Stuff like this reminds me of sitting in my office at the dealership, talking to a friend who worked second shift and accidentally catching a guy who claimed his daughter died to avoid work issues and received some pretty good money off it.

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Random.

e910236e8f36b3e5b3fe5b9f21e49e88.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That U of I girl who claimed to have cancer, but didn't? Apparently was looking at ISU before and was was chatting with my daughter about being roommates. There is a mess that was avoided.

Hadn't heard about this where do we learn more about this?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sitting waiting for a band festival to start. 6th grader is slowly transitions from a soccer girl to a music girl. I’m all for it but man… as a dad the struggle is real in that I just don’t know how to relate to this stuff very well. The extent of my band knowledge is only the one line from American pie. I told her, work your ass off on what you find that you like, whatever it ends up being.

It gets better as they get better. I didn't know boo about dance till my nieces started to participate then you go to enough you can tell the what is good and what is not. Actually speech contests if she goes out for that are pretty cool, lots of talented kids and it has become a spectator sport believe it or not.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It gets better as they get better. I didn't know boo about dance till my nieces started to participate then you go to enough you can tell the what is good and what is not. Actually speech contests if she goes out for that are pretty cool, lots of talented kids and it has become a spectator sport believe it or not.
I agree. Speech is important. If you’re good at speech, you’re good at sales probably. Everyone needs that skill, regardless of occupation.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I used to work with a guy who never gave money to the homeless guys who would ask for it until he saw a guy with a sign at a stop light that said, "Need money for booze." He gave him the money because he appreciated the honesty.
Back in the 70s a bum came up to us on 42nd Street in NYC and said he was bumming money for booze. We all reached into our pockets and gave him what we had being that it was for a good cause

Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I enjoyed speech contests more than band contests, tbh. Especially the improv and 3 minute prep speeches. It was fun to see the boys talk off the top of their heads.

Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.