• Weed

Votes: 107 36.1%

• Total voters

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I love a good beer or bourbon, but as I get older having more than 1-2 isn’t worth the hangover. I also hate putting smoke in my lungs, but love a good indica gummy around 7 pm after a stressful day.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I love a good beer or bourbon, but as I get older having more than 1-2 isn’t worth the hangover. I also hate putting smoke in my lungs, but love a good indica gummy around 7 pm after a stressful day.

Personally, I started using an in-line activated carbon filter and it removes all sorts of bad stuff off of the smoke. Since I started using it, my lungs have never felt better. The level of high has also not been impacted.

1674242484828.png

You just replace the charcoal when you clean the pipe.

• Informative
Reactions: ruflosn

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Personally, I started using an in-line activated carbon filter and it removes all sorts of bad stuff off of the smoke. Since I started using it, my lungs have never felt better. The level of high has also not been impacted.

View attachment 108564

You just replace the charcoal when you clean the pipe.
The health industry has pushed hard for a long time that smoking is bad for your health. Shouldn’t the weed industry be held to some accountability if they start pushing smoking of any kind?

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
The health industry has pushed hard for a long time that smoking is bad for your health. Shouldn’t the weed industry be held to some accountability if they start pushing smoking of any kind?
While your point is certainly valid, I have a hunch my two bong hits every other Saturday are doing about as much damage as sitting around the bonfire. Vaping or edibles are certainly more preferred and more common methods of consumption over burning flower, especially in legal states, IMHO.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm and ruflosn

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Sorry, did you have a question about the in-line filter post you referenced?

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
While your point is certainly valid, I have a hunch my two bong hits every other Saturday are doing about as much damage as sitting around the bonfire. Vaping or edibles are certainly more preferred and more common methods of consumption over burning flower, especially in legal states, IMHO.

From a health standpoint, you can't beat the edibles. Vaping has a slight risk, but not compared to strait unfiltered joint smoking.

However, at least personally with a very well built tolerance, edibles don't do much. They do provide a very nice "buzz floor", but in terms of mental effects almost zero. The vaping high is nice, but the high itself feels like you are "medicated" not "high" IMO.

You just can't beat the euphoria received from taking a nice smooth hit on a waterpipe. Which is why I've taken several steps to filter the smoke before ingesting it.

Now, I'm sure others mileage will vary.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, it's not like people are walking around smoking a pack of joints every day like they do cigarettes. But if they want to have the industry put warning labels on packaging for flower, ok.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yeah, it's not like people are walking around smoking a pack of joints every day like they do cigarettes. But if they want to have the industry put warning labels on packaging for flower, ok.
Right.

I smoke, at most, 1 J a week on average. Some weeks more, some less.

When I used to smoke smoke (been nicotine free for very close to 3 years now), I was pounding those mother *******, especially since I moved to working from home full time. I knew that **** was killing me.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I use my volcano 95% percent of the time. You can manipulate the cannabinoid profile with the temp. Lower temps for sativa, higher temps for indica or if I want a stronger body high. Plus i get to use the already been vaped material for making butter or oil. I've tried low temp dabs, e-nails, water pipes, nothing compares. I have a nice US Tube with an ash catcher that gets used with my weekend coffee, otherwise no combustion for me.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just popped a gummy and cracked a beer. For science. Will report back
giphy.webp

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
That’s going nowhere. They should just put it on the ballot in 2024 and let the people decide.