I like Surly

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I like Surly and generally am a fan of affable, reasonable fans from rival schools

• I agree and appreciate kind interactions with opposing fans

Votes: 136 64.8%
  • I don't need to see or hear what any of our rivals think

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • I'm good with generally violent behavior towards hawkeyes

Votes: 41 19.5%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am fine with Surly. But voted for c.

K state is probably next closest to a rival we have currently, but my animosity is nowhere close to the level of what I feel for Iowa.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
You have Gonzo on ignore? I think he's pretty reasonable, humorous and he likes bourbon. That's 3 plusses to me. I guess we are all allowed different opinions.
Gonzo is fine. Gohawks is fine. Iahawks is ok. Those are the only tolerable hawk fans on this board I can think. There might be one other, but I'm forgetting the user name

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
That's what JLH is for. Once she's invoked, the thread is no longer to be taken seriously if it ever was in the first place.

jennifer-love-hewitt.gif
Most meaningful post in this thread by far!!!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You have Gonzo on ignore? I think he's pretty reasonable, humorous and he likes bourbon. That's 3 plusses to me. I guess we are all allowed different opinions.
Sure do. He was posting that I called him a racist. (I didn't and don't think he's one) JMB responded to him saying he was the one that did that, not me.
Good enough reason for me to use the ignore.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Surly starting so many threads is mildly annoying.
Surly assuming we know as much about KSU as he does about ISU is mildly irritating.
Framing everything from KSU perspective on an ISU board is a little odd and a little condescending.

I find Surly to be harmless and don't mind him posting here. This being said, I take sports less seriously than most people and don't open many of his threads.

I guess in summary, "At least Surly's not that LakeBison guy or whatever that dude's name was."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Surly starting so many threads is mildly annoying.
Surly assuming we know as much about KSU as he does about ISU is mildly irritating.
Framing everything from KSU perspective on an ISU board is a little odd and a little condescending.

I find Surly to be harmless and don't mind him posting here. This being said, I take sports less seriously than most people and don't open many of his threads.

I guess in summary, "At least Surly's not that LakeBison guy or whatever that dude's name was."
Ahh LakeBison. He dominated ISU tailgating, LOL.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Gonzo is fine. Gohawks is fine. Iahawks is ok. Those are the only tolerable hawk fans on this board I can think. There might be one other, but I'm forgetting the user name

Some of these Hawk fans act civil outside of the in-state rivals forum, but are idiots in there. I don't post in there anymore so I don't know if they still act that way. Definitely two faced posters.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sure do. He was posting that I called him a racist. (I didn't and don't think he's one) JMB responded to him saying he was the one that did that, not me.
Good enough reason for me to use the ignore.
I guess that could explain it. That's not a term to be thrown around lightly, even if it was from a case of mistaken identity. This being said, I don't have anybody on ignore and probably won't ever do it. I'm generally pretty good at compartmentalizing negativeness. It may be my only good attribute. Well, that and my classic good looks.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Some of these Hawk fans act civil outside of the in-state rivals forum, but are idiots in there. I don't post in there anymore so I don't know if they still act that way. Definitely two faced posters.

To add to this, some of the Iowa posters mentioned have the same username on Hawkeye sites and would trash us over there.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: BCClone and JP4CY

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I like the all lavender more so than lavender jerseys with purple shorts.

I have a soft-spot for lavender-with-purple-shorts probably for nostalgia for when I first followed ISU/Big 8 basketball. ... Rolando Blackman made it work.

Attachments

• the-mighty-have-fallen-rolando-blackman-shoots-down-oregon-march-23-1981-sports-illustrated-co...jpg
    the-mighty-have-fallen-rolando-blackman-shoots-down-oregon-march-23-1981-sports-illustrated-co...jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Winner
Reactions: surly