NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You'd have to think LAR or LVR would be intrigued with Rodgers.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Isn’t Rodgers under contract with the Packers next year?

If so, he’ll likely be with the Packers or retire.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I could see Arizona trying to trade into the one spot as well because Murray won’t be ready by the start of the season and is probably the problem anyway.

Depends on what they do about their coaching situation. Do they blow it all up and start over or do they let a new coach try to make Murray work

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
You'd have to think LAR or LVR would be intrigued with Rodgers.

Raiders or Jets would be my guess. He only makes sense for a team that's a QB away. The Jets seem to fit the bill better. I doubt Rodgers hitches his wagon to McDaniels with the question of whether he's the issue in LV.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Raiders or Jets would be my guess. He only makes sense for a team that's a QB away. The Jets seem to fit the bill better. I doubt Rodgers hitches his wagon to McDaniels with the question of whether he's the issue in LV.
People are saying...Brady to the Raiders.

Rodgers to the Jets would indeed be interesting, last Packer QB to the Jets notwithstanding.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Obviously you can't say it (yet) but Murray appears to be a huge mistake.

Probably. But we've also seen QB's that seems like busts suddenly emerge with a new coaching staff. I think the only for sure bust there is Kliff Kingsbury. Murray has too much money left in that contract to abandon ship without at least trying a new coaching staff.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably. But we've also seen QB's that seems like busts suddenly emerge with a new coaching staff. I think the only for sure bust there is Kliff Kingsbury. Murray has too much money left in that contract to abandon ship without at least trying a new coaching staff.

Kingsbury jumping to the pros after not doing much at Tech including with Mahomes was kind of a head scratcher.

Reactions: NoCreativity

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
All the Rodgers talk needs to take into consideration that his play/arm talent definitely looks degraded.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All the Rodgers talk needs to take into consideration that his play/arm talent definitely looks degraded.

I'd like to see if he looks better after his thumb heals but they did say last night that he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since last season.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

49ers over Seahawks
Chargers over Jags
Bills over Dolphins
Giants over Vikings
Bengals over Ravens
Buccaneers over Cowboys

Chiefs over Chargers
Bengals over Bills
Eagles over Giants
49ers over Buccaneers

Chiefs over Bengals
49ers over Buccaneers

49ers over Chiefs

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I'd like to see if he looks better after his thumb heals but they did say last night that he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since last season.
And some of his stuff is off-putting. Maybe time to move on.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
14 playoff teams. Getting dang close to half of the league making the tournament.

Just go full NHL and have the divisions play each other. Let everyone in....and go to 18 games in the regular season
NBA is 20 teams which is crazy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

The Broncos thought this too when they traded for Wilson and gave him a big extension and look how that turned out. Bet they have some buyers remorse and would love to get their draft picks back. I don't see the Rams in play either as they gave up a lot to get Stafford and did not have a 1st round pick last year and won't again this year (Lions made out good on the 2023 pick!) These teams trading away 1st rounders for aging QBs will just wind up setting their franchise back further and strap their ability to improve through the draft or free agency with the draft picks and cap space it takes to acquire them. At least with guys like Brady, Carr (assuming he gets cut) and Garappolo in free agency you can probably nab them or more reasonable terms and not have to give up valuable draft picks in the process. Some other less expensive possibilities out there too depending on how things shake out: Previewing the 2023 free agent QB class: Lamar Jackson, Geno Smith, Tom Brady and more | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Yep. His arm looks shot. Maybe he'll get on Brady's HGH program to give him another year or two, but the end is near.