Outgoing transfer tracker

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Hakeem Butler tweeted earlier this year along the lines of how lazy our receivers were. Im sure he has great character, but multiple times this year Shaw gave about the worst effort imaginable on 50/50 balls. I think he has the potential to be pretty damn good, but he has to elevate that area of the game. He’s responsible for a couple of Dekkers INTs.
Can we disguise Hakeem “Bruce” Butler and bring him back?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would say Stanley was the 3rd receiver. Then Shaw & Bittner(sp?) seemed to get the next level snaps. Wilson was probably at that 2nd level some games- but I think he had injury issues as well.
Good call on Stanley, I was forgetting him. Think he lined up predominately in the slot though, where Wilson and Shaw were outside guys. Sorry, I don't know the exact position terminology (WR XYZ etc)

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

Connor reports that Jayden Gray is hitting the portal. First Cyclone of a few I'm sure. Lower rated 3-star defensive end out of TX. No other P5 offers besides Iowa State. I am guessing he was pretty far away from making an impact.

Outgoing transfers (will keep list updated on this post):

DE Blake Peterson, RS SO
DE Jayden Gray, RS SO
RB Deon Silas, TR SO
S Mason Chambers TR JR
QB Nate Glantz TR JR
LB Hunter Zenzen RS SO
WR Sean Shaw RS SR (assuming he has one to play still, with covid year)
Looking at this list I'm going to say playing time was way more important than NIL.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Looking at this list I'm going to say playing time was way more important than NIL.
Our current transfers dont look different than they would most years. I wont suspect NIL unless some of our young guns on defense leave. Tampa, Purchase, and Freyler are all capable or really helping teams out for years to come. Those are the guys I would be worried about getting bags of cash. Purchase and Freyler have a new coach in their home state that will likely have those bags as well.

Reactions: isutrevman

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'm pumped a few days in we have not lost any young receivers or young LBers we are banking on.

WR still has guys who have yet to receive their shot: Jason Essex, Greg Gaines, Aiden Bitter, still could be some players in that room.
I see the backup to Campbell at Iowa entered the portal. Guessing he fits the mold, but don't blame the guy for not going to a rival.

Help Support Us

Become a patron