Tom Manning Fired

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The S&C coach? Wasn't he the guy ISU brought in a couple of years ago? Great hire I guess.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How Myers still has a job is unbelievable
The blame for lousy OL play must be being placed squarely on Andrew's wide shoulders. Sounds like lack of strength and conditioning is what is being communicated as the issue rather than the blocking scheme or lack thereof.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Man, all this breaking news and transfer portal stuff is making it REALLY hard to get any work done today!

Reactions: jdolson27

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Last year was a disappointment. The O had a roster full of NFL talent, but it seemed like opponents figured out how to scheme against us. No adjustments were made. We saw the mid-season adjustment for the defense a few years ago that sparked our rise...evidently that couldn't happen for the offense this year. Players, Formations, Plays got a bit jumbled.

Too bad we don't have a special teams coordinator to sack as well. o_O

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
When you have Kolar, Allen, and Soehner you can play 3 TE’s at once. But they are gone. One TE at a time considering who we have now. No more 3 TE stuff. Puts us at a big disadvantage.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The blame for lousy OL play must be being placed squarely on Andrew's wide shoulders. Sounds like lack of strength and conditioning is what is being communicated as the issue rather than the blocking scheme or lack thereof.

which is strange because he surely knew what he was doing at his previous job I would assume. Why all of the high praise? Did he forget how to get football players in shape? Maybe they should recruit over all of the div 2 level guys they have on the current line. Or maybe teach them how to zone block. I don't know.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
which is strange because he surely knew what he was doing at his previous job I would assume. Why all of the high praise? Did he forget how to get football players in shape? Maybe they should recruit over all of the div 2 level guys they have on the current line. Or maybe teach them how to zone block. I don't know.
I'm confused as well. I'd rest a little easier if I knew Myers was also being replaced I think.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Discipline and Technique lacked

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Discipline and Technique lacked

This is correct. But it's mostly discipline, IMO and how a lack of trust in what the guy next to you is going to do affects your play. As a unit the OL was awful, despite the individual abilities of the guys lining up.

Reactions: bos