Bill walton

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Top 50 maybe, even that might be a stretch. but top 20? That is ridiculous.
He’s considered top 50 even with the injuries and he was injured all the time. I’m old enough to have watched a healthy Bill Walton.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Several possessions' worth of arguing that Gene Stallings "coached the Cowboys" because he was an assistant coach is not entertainIing.

It doesn't bother me one bit. The announcers are back ground noise for me. Just watch the game. Its comical people get so bent out of shape of announcers of the game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's normally with Dave Pasch or Jason Bennetti.
Bennetti has a soft spot in my heart first off for how good he is but also for overcoming physical limitations. The guy is a play x play grinder in multiple sports.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Bennetti has a soft spot in my heart first off for how good he is but also for overcoming physical limitations. The guy is a play x play grinder in multiple sports.

He is damn good. Not like he can help his eye thing, well he probably could but whatever. He is very solid.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I did not know that. Interesting.
Yeah I said the physical part more so that there's so many facilities he probably has to hoof it thru that probably aren't kind on his body.
He's a great broadcaster.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
One of my faves. I don't care how random he is.

There's honestly noboy out there that actually calls the basketball games very well so it might as well be interesting stories.
"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!"
- Bill Walton, (sometimes the master of overstatement, LOL)

Love BW! A true West coast thinker spirit! I hope his back and joints are giving him peace now.

"Walton said about his speech issues and subsequent career, "I'm a stutterer. I never spoke to anybody. I lived most of my life by myself. But as soon as I got on the court I was fine. But in life, being so self conscious, red hair, big nose, freckles and goofy, nerdy looking face and can't talk at all. I was incredibly shy and never said a word. Then, when I was 28 I learned how to speak. It's become my greatest accomplishment of my life and everybody else's biggest nightmare."[78]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron