On to the Purple Kittens Thread

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Influx of bandwagon fans jumping off, and then regulars who don't want to hear the BS waiting until they go away.
And it’s KState week so that twatwaffle Surly is around trying to pick fights.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
A team that wins in the margins and historically makes most of what they got vs a team that historically and recently shoots themselves in the foot and finds ways to lose games.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
It looks like there are not very many tickets left. I think if we won last week this would already be sold out. But I wonder if it will now. It looks like we will be closer than any other game this year, by the ticket website there are not many singles left, besides resales.

Curiously, by the official numbers listed, to me it seems like they are lower than what is left when I have looked late in the week before games. Makes me wonder if we have some suites open this year, that dont show. Or it could just more than it looks. Possibly, released from the visiting team late, usually they are released early and sold by us though.

Blue are left available. Pink are resale.
1665010281166.png

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It looks like there are not very many tickets left. I think if we won last week this would already be sold out. But I wonder if it will now. It looks like we will be closer than any other game this year, by the ticket website there are not many singles left, besides resales.

Curiously, by the official numbers listed, to me it seems like they are lower than what is left when I have looked late in the week before games. Makes me wonder if we have some suites open this year, that dont show. Or it could just more than it looks. Possibly, released from the visiting team late, usually they are released early and sold by us though.

Blue are left available. Pink are resale.
View attachment 103996
There are usually a decent number of K State fans at the game and with their start I’d expect that to continue.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Maybe it was just a TV-audio thing, but I swear KU's crowd was the un-loudest I remember ... and it looked like attendance was fairly high (for KU) plus being 4-0 so it was a huge situation.
It was supposed to be a sellout, but when they did show the stands there seemed to be a lot of open seats. So?? It was definitely louder than sometimes there. But that doesnt take much. I almost went, but glad I didnt.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hate the feeling for this game. KSU is practically the same offense as KU but with better players for the most part. KSU defense is better as well.

As usual I'm not too worried about keeping their offensive output down, but good god we have to learn to score some points.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Yeah, I think we all forget that "talent better across the board" doesn't always make up for less experience in key areas.
And it’s still relative to our competition; meaning we are still behind most in the conference.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
And it’s still relative to our competition; meaning we are still behind most in the conference.
True, but Campbell has an eye for talent. Just because the recruiting sites don't like a guy doesn't mean much to me. Everyone beyond the superstars is a crapshoot. As long as we're getting Campbell's type of guys, we'll be competitive, particularly in the new Big 12.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Dean is actually a great example. He’s our best TE and as a Redshirt Junior has a total of 4 catches this year (1 last year). Nobody expected him to be Kohler but that is one of the worst stat lines after 5 games that you’ll see.

Again, I’m not trying to make a recruiting argument because it’s easy to pick out specific guys on either side of an argument. I’m just pointing out what I’ve heard or seen in many discussions. That while recruiting has gotten better, it’s arguably not as good as the success would support.
NIL?