***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Not even the sprinkle by Pella. We are trying to become the droughts poster picture now. Blessed to have one rain back in June, but is all gone now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

So this genius decided that camping on a sandbar was a good idea last night. It seems like any idiot could have walked outside yesterday and felt that it was obviously going to dump a ton of rain somewhere. Not to mention the warnings by the NWS that the northern part of the state could have very heavy rain. The last place anyone should have been was on a sandbar in the middle of a river.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

So this genius decided that camping on a sandbar was a good idea last night. It seems like any idiot could have walked outside yesterday and felt that it was obviously going to dump a ton of rain somewhere. Not to mention the warnings by the NWS that the northern part of the state could have very heavy rain. The last place anyone should have been was on a sandbar in the middle of a river.

Sometimes we just need to let natural selection win.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s 93 in Des Moines right now and heat index is 105. It’s been a while since it’s been as humid as it was when I was just outside.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah it popped up right over Des Moines proper. It’s great here now.

Bummer for me. But I'm not surprised something popped up. There can't be that much moisture in the air for long.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I finally had to break down and water the linden trees in my front yard this week. They're only about 3 years old and they were starting to die at the leaf tips.

I have watered my Star Magnolia and River Birch everyday it doesnt rain Both under a year old