Muscle cars

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I always have grand thoughts of the 80's/90's American sports cars. Then I drive one a soon remember how crap they really were. They have terrible interiors, poor fit/finish, and actually pretty slow.

If it was me, I'd look for something fun like a Honda s2000.
The assistant manager at the bowling alley i worked out in college had the one that looked like a pregnant pinto, Pacer I think. Had to rider a cross the parking lot on occasion to make bank deposits.. Anyway I agree absolute garbage.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Wonder what the reserve is for it? As of now it has not been met, lots of miles but a nice car.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I always have grand thoughts of the 80's/90's American sports cars. Then I drive one a soon remember how crap they really were. They have terrible interiors, poor fit/finish, and actually pretty slow.

If it was me, I'd look for something fun like a Honda s2000.
Any car 1974/75 and after had catalytic converters and the horsepower is way down. Plus they ended up as rust buckets, no quality by the big 3 at all. Just build them and ship them out.

My first vehicle was a 75 camara, 350, 4-barrel, fun car to drive, but by the time I traded it off in 85, rust all over the place, and was burning oil. Cars made during this time period were just not made to last and ride tended to be horrible if you had to go any distance at all.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Guilty pleasure waste of time for me is watching the auto auctions on TV. Each show you'll see some garaged car that someone bought and just stored. Sometimes only mileage in the hundreds (or even less) and they take a huge bath losing money on them. Always good for a laugh.
If you watch the auctions over the course of a few years, it’s really amazing the ebb and flow of what models are hot and then lose half their value. 60s-70s muscle cars excluded.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Yeah - nothing in the automotive world screams FUN like 2000s Honda.

To each of their own…
I owned a 74 z28 with a 500+hp 427. I owned probably 10 other muscle/sports cars and running a Honda at 8k rpm is highly underrated. I would give the fun edge to the 74 z but just barely and that's before we talk about it breaking down every 10 minutes. The s2000 is the closest you get to a crotch rocket, which I love.

Reactions: NWICY

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The Hellcats are a wild beast of a car. A friend of mine used to have one until they had a kid a year ago. You're talking lots of $$$$$$$ though.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
If you want to consider foreign, the Mitsu 3000GT of that era is one of the best looking cars I've seen. Twin turbos but I think they were pretty reliable. I'm not really a car guy. What do you all think about these?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The other day I was just cruising along in the far right lane when I notice a Hellcat tailing someone in the passing lane. It looked like this Hellcat wasn't messing around so I sped up to join the action. After about a mile the idiot in front of the Hellcat, holding up everyone, moved over. In my head I'm thinking "Please take out your anger on your car".......and he did. We were probably going sixty and his wheels were spinning and the most glorious sound erupted. It didn't last long but it made my day. I had a similar experience with a Ferrari on the autobahn.

Reactions: cstrunk and ruflosn

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I hope a mid 1970's baby blue Chevy LUV is considered a muscle car. That's what I suggest you get.

I would love (no pun intended) to have a late 70s LUV.

Watched a YouTube video where they fired one up. Just like the one pops had. Those had a distinct sound and feel....small as hell too a56moqkv2zxqgyd3wolp.png

Reactions: mapnerd