Friday OT #1 - Covered Up

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Speaking of Dylan, I liked Garth Brooks' version "To Make You Feel My Love" better than Bob's. And I think I like Adele's even more.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Disturbed - Sounds of Silence. My wife loved this song which surprised me because she was a huge Simon and Garfunkel fan.

Funny this one is brought into the thread. It was brought up on Morning Rush this morning. Travis pooped all over it, of course.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I find it interesting when someone takes a song, strips it bare, and the re-imagined song has a different feel and context.

Cash with Hurt is probably the best example I can think of, but this is cool too. An 80s pop song becomes something different

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Funny this one is brought into the thread. It was brought up on Morning Rush this morning. Travis pooped all over it, of course.

I think I may be the only person on earth who doesn’t like it, based on online reactions and social media. The spareness of the original was the whole point.

I know there are too many posts to disagree with them all, Bob Dylan’s vocals are plaintive and it suits his content.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
No joke Angie I was thinking of sending you this as an idea yesterday because Behind Blue Eyes has been stuck in my head

anyways, mind would be

"Behind Blue Eyes" Limp Bizkit> The Who

"Sound of Silence" Disturbed > Simon/Garfunkle

"What Hurts the Most" - Cascada > Rascal Flatts > whoever did it originally

"Life is a Highway" Rascal Flatts > Tom Cochrane

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron