Best Web Browser

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I have been using Brave for mobile on my iPhone, and started using Firefox on my desktop.

One thing that I really like about Firefox is that the news articles they push to me are not Fox News, and celebrity tabloid culture. Not sure why Google Chrome thinks I would be interested in that stuff. I actually am seeing interesting articles.

If anybody has advice on Firefox, and how they use, it I would love to hear it. The advice has been really helpful.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I have been using Brave for mobile on my iPhone, and started using Firefox on my desktop.

One thing that I really like about Firefox is that the news articles they push to me are not Fox News, and celebrity tabloid culture. Not sure why Google Chrome thinks I would be interested in that stuff. I actually am seeing interesting articles.

If anybody has advice on Firefox, and how they use, it I would love to hear it. The advice has been really helpful.

All that stuff is customizable. If Chrome is sending you articles you don't like, you're supposed to be able to filter out news sources. Offhand I don't recall how to do that but it's easy enough if you Google it. Personally I find that stuff too distracting and turn it off, but to each his own.

Like Chrome, Firefox has a ton of extensions you can add. Security experts advise against using too many because they are managed by individuals and not the Firefox/Mozilla itself so they could make you more vulnerable to intrusions. But you could add something for weather, something to manage tabs, I would definitely add Ublock Origin or something similar, if you code there are tools for that. Just shop around https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox.

And there are lots of customizations you can make in the about:config option as well depending on your comfort level with getting under the hood, so to speak. For example, you could tell it to open every new bookmark or link you click into a new tab, rather than taking you there from the tab you're in.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
All that stuff is customizable. If Chrome is sending you articles you don't like, you're supposed to be able to filter out news sources. Offhand I don't recall how to do that but it's easy enough if you Google it. Personally I find that stuff too distracting and turn it off, but to each his own.

Like Chrome, Firefox has a ton of extensions you can add. Security experts advise against using too many because they are managed by individuals and not the Firefox/Mozilla itself so they could make you more vulnerable to intrusions. But you could add something for weather, something to manage tabs, I would definitely add Ublock Origin or something similar, if you code there are tools for that. Just shop around https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox.

And there are lots of customizations you can make in the about:config option as well depending on your comfort level with getting under the hood, so to speak. For example, you could tell it to open every new bookmark or link you click into a new tab, rather than taking you there from the tab you're in.

I've tried on google, didn't figure it out, not a coder over here!!

You're likely going over my head, but thank you. I am getting Microsoft Certified, maybe I will look at some other tech stuff. I like learnin'.

Thank you for the advice.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I've tried on google, didn't figure it out, not a coder over here!!

You're likely going over my head, but thank you. I am getting Microsoft Certified, maybe I will look at some other tech stuff. I like learnin'.

Thank you for the advice.

Try this and see if it helps: https://support.google.com/googlenews/answer/7688469?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

I'm not that technical myself, I've just used FF for years and learned lots of tricks along the way. My advice is to just use it for a bit, and whenever a thought comes to mind about something that could make it more convenient or something annoying you'd like to fix, make note of it and then research it when you have the time. Because it can almost always be done. Happy to help if I can, just send a PM.