Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Losing at home to Texas next year should be a fireable offense for TJ.

Thats obviously hyperbole,but if you can motivate your team to stick it to the guy who chased a pay day at a conference rival then idk what will.

As for Tyrese, if he wants to leave for a "better opportunity", and just sell out to the highest bidder, he can deal with the consequences of that decision as well. If he wants to be paid like a pro he can get the same reaction as the pros get too. Miss me with the sympathy posts.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Losing at home to Texas next year should be a fireable offense for TJ.

Thats obviously hyperbole,but if you can motivate your team to stick it to the guy who chased a pay day at a conference rival then idk what will.

As for Tyrese, if he wants to leave for a "better opportunity", and just sell out to the highest bidder, he can deal with the consequences of that decision as well. If he wants to be paid like a pro he can get the same reaction as the pros get too. Miss me with the sympathy posts.
The vast majority of Iowa State's guys that get minutes next year will have transferred in, also looking for what they perceive to be a better opportunity. The loyalty aspect doesn't hold a ton of water with players that age at this point...

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
The vast majority of Iowa State's guys that get minutes next year will have transferred in, also looking for what they perceive to be a better opportunity. The loyalty aspect doesn't hold a ton of water with players that age at this point...
I think the point you're missing is that transferring to Iowa State is good. It's when they transfer from Iowa State that it is bad.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Difference is those guys are all actually in better opportunities. Texas is only better in the money sense. Our program is way better than theirs over the last 10 years. It was a better opportunity basketball wise for him here too.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Wow, you guys missed the most obvious NBA comp for TH, and ironic considering his season just ended last night. He is a Jalen Brunson clone.
Brunson appears to be a much more consistent shooter. FT percentages don’t bode well for TH, but that’s a good comp otherwise.

My comp for Tyrese is Pat Beverly. Very good defensively and makes that his big thing, but Tyrese isn't quite the shooter Beverly is yet. I do think he can get there and be a similar player but I don't think he'll ever be in a situation like Haliburton is where a team is building around him.
Beverly is valuable because he’s a pest… with a 6’7” wingspan. He has the length to switch 1-4.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Brunson appears to be a much more consistent shooter. FT percentages don’t bode well for TH, but that’s a good comp otherwise.

Beverly is valuable because he’s a pest… with a 6’7” wingspan. He has the length to switch 1-4.
Yeah the Brunson comp would be basically a ceiling type of comp for TH.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
tenor.gif

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Wow, you guys missed the most obvious NBA comp for TH, and ironic considering his season just ended last night. He is a Jalen Brunson clone.
Sorry, but a strong disagree on this one. Brunson has way better handles, a variety of start and stop moves, all kinds of finishing ability, and can score from anywhere in the lane using ball fakes, head fakes, up and unders...ect. Offensively they are MILES apart... all in my opinion of course.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anywhere but Kansas was relief to me. Hopefully Texas leaves sooner than later.
I would have preferred him at Kansas; they didn't screw this league over. Plus Self has proven he can get guards to the NBA, even ones that were not 5 star McDonalds All-American guys. Austin is a great town, but basketball-wise other programs would have made more sense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron