Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Is he really a "walking bucket". I mean yeah, one game he went nuts but for most of the season I wouldn't call the starting PG of a team that struggled to score 40+ a game "a walking bucket".
Walking steal would be a better moniker.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't know why anyone would want to play for Matt Painter. The guy's just not a good coach at all IMO.

Purdue was totally outplayed and outcoached by St. Peter's.

Maybe the worst coaching job of the Tourney this year.
I actually agree with this. I think there are some parallels to him and Prohm. Bad gameday coaches. When the initial plan goes bunk, there is almost never a counter punch. Can't adjust on the fly. Guy is a hell of a recruiter though, which Prohm wasn't bad at either in his own right. I think he's better than Steve, don't get me wrong, but I just see some parrells.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Then again Westbrook can't shoot worth a crap and he has been around for ever. Actually what Westbrook is doing is killing guys like Tyrese. NBA and NFL go through these different era's. 10 years ago guys like Rondo and Westbrook were all the rage. Guys who could run the show but struggled to shoot. Then Stef Curry came and showed that a shooting guard with handles is the way to go.

A guy like Rondo would still be a high first round pick today. If you can't shoot (and Rondo has developed a decent jumper), you need to bring a lot else to the table and Rondo did. Great defender who was big enough to guard wings too, incredibly smart passer and play maker, very good rebounder for his size.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Then again Westbrook can't shoot worth a crap and he has been around for ever. Actually what Westbrook is doing is killing guys like Tyrese. NBA and NFL go through these different era's. 10 years ago guys like Rondo and Westbrook were all the rage. Guys who could run the show but struggled to shoot. Then Stef Curry came and showed that a shooting guard with handles is the way to go.

In addition to being a freak athlete even amongst the NBA freaks, Westbrook is 6’3” with a 6’8” wingspan. Chris Paul is a better size comp, but neither of their games really resemble Tyrese’s. I don’t watch a ton of NBA anymore, but I’m struggling to find a comp for him, which probably tells you something.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
In addition to being a freak athlete even amongst the NBA freaks, Westbrook is 6’3” with a 6’8” wingspan. Chris Paul is a better size comp, but neither of their games really resemble Tyrese’s. I don’t watch a ton of NBA anymore, but I’m struggling to find a comp for him, which probably tells you something.
Yeah, not many 6'0 PGs in the NBA who can't shoot well and struggle to score at the rim. Handle still needs work as well.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Ironically the best NBA comp right now I can think of at this stage in TH development was Lindell Wigginton who of course had to grind it out in the G-League to become a fringe NBA player this year. Obviously Hunter is still young and has time to develop offensively.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Ironically the best NBA comp right now I can think of at this stage in TH development was Lindell Wigginton who of course had to grind it out in the G-League to become a fringe NBA player this year. Obviously Hunter is still young and has time to develop offensively.
This was what I was thinking as well. However, LW was/is a much better shooter. Hunter is a great defensive player and a good facilitator but, due to his size, is going to have to make huge strides in being a more consistent outside threat in order to make it to the NBA.

Reactions: CyNews

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Tyrese wouldn’t be able to accomplish anything in an NBA game right now. Even his defense would be below average because of his lack of length. He needs a lot of skill development before he can make money playing in that league.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I appreciate his contribution to our amazing season, but will not root for him or his new team. In fact, I hope that UT continues its pattern of substandard results. He’s likely a whole lot wealthier today - but hopefully he learns that the grass isn’t always greener, even if you’re making a lot of green. Go Cyclones!

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I find it so odd that a kid coming to Iowa State - a decision which displays a certain level of belief and loyalty in a program/staff whilst turning down paying suitors in the process - would leave for freaking TEXA$. The foremost f***king trash bin, backwater, disreputable heap of jizz rags program possible. I can accept that he wants to move on from a program to "get his". BUT TEXA$$$$$$$$?!

Money makes people do really stupid things.