***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Here's a perfect example of why making judgements at the time of the draft is nearly meaningless.

Check out Dallas with their A grade and Seattle with their D.

Steals and reaches don't mean much outside of this 3 day period. After today, it's all about can you play or can't you.
I forgot Washington took RGIII and Cousins in the same draft.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Not far off from SI, they put the Vikings dead last at D- https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/30/2022-nfl-draft-team-grades
They are down at the bottom for free agent signings. I'm looking through the list of where all the undrafted kids ended up and the Vikings signings are extremely disappointing. There were some really good players available and we didn't get any of them.

As for the draft itself, definitely have to lower the grade a bit because of the trades. You can't help division rivals get better. The draft picks, it's kind of hit and miss. Taking a realistic look, Cine and Booth should start year one. I don't see either of them being "superstar" types, but could each make a couple of Pro Bowls. Asamoah is a potential starter at some point, but more than likely is a backup/special teamer. Lowe will be a solid backup. Ingram is probably a backup, but with a weakness at guard it could be possible that he starts. Hopefully we are not THAT bad at guard. Chandler I don't see playing much this year, could be #2 RB in 2023 if Mattison hits free agency. Nailor, Muse and Otomewo I'd say practice squad at best. Evans could have a shot at making the 53 man roster because the corner group is pretty poor. Basically, we got two early starters, both in the secondary. That is huge. Got three probably solid backups (Lowe, Chandler, Asamoah). Not a flashy draft. Not a great draft. Could have been better. Could have been worse. I'd go with a C.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
According to a KFAN podcast, we made the trade with Detroit either assuming, guessing, or being lied to that they were moving up to take a QB. So not valuing the availabile QBs, they figured Detroit would essentially be wasting a pick. Funny how things work out some times.

• Wow
Reactions: demoncore1031

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Not impressed with the new GM. The trades hurt the team way more than helped it.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Not impressed with the new GM. The trades hurt the team way more than helped it.
The trades helped Detroit and GB more than hurting the Vikes. The Vikes ended up adding a fourth rounder and Ingram as a result.

If they stood pat with their picks, they would have still ended up with a quality CB and safety. Maybe they liked Cine more than Hamilton. They would have gotten Booth, and probably Asamoah, either way.

PFF focus gave the Vikes a B grade on the strength of their first three picks. It's rounds 4-7 where the Viking brain trust didn't do so great.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
The trades helped Detroit and GB more than hurting the Vikes. The Vikes ended up adding a fourth rounder and Ingram as a result.

If they stood pat with their picks, they would have still ended up with a quality CB and safety. Maybe they liked Cine more than Hamilton. They would have gotten Booth, and probably Asamoah, either way.

PFF focus gave the Vikes a B grade on the strength of their first three picks. It's rounds 4-7 where the Viking brain trust didn't do so great.

I don't know about the first trade, buts its the Lions, I kind of doubt they are going to do well with it.

As far as the Packers, they were going to trade up and get Watson one way or the other, so if you're the Vikings and you think the trade benefits you, you might as well do it.

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
Not far off from SI, they put the Vikings dead last at D- https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/30/2022-nfl-draft-team-grades
I understand the writer's reasoning for not giving an F, but should have broken that personal rule due to the Ingram pick. Grew up rooting for the Vikings but no more - that Deadspin article was disgusting and Ingram should have been nowhere on their board (or anybody's board - if Kaepernick can't get a job with any team for just kneeling, no way Ingram should be near a field)

And for anyone who still falls back on the 'charges were dropped' (not you MeowingCows), if the Deadspin article were inaccurate/false there would already be a massive lawsuit against them (which there is not to the best of my knowledge).

Last edited:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I really like the new Vikings coach. I cannot understand what the Vikings think they were doing with this draft. Easily a D grade at best.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

I hear what you are saying... but by helping GB and Detroit, you ARE hurting your own team.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I hear what you are saying... but by helping GB and Detroit, you ARE hurting your own team.
Maybe GB, especially in the years Rodgers has left.

The first three picks should play a lot of football for the Vikes. Chandler and Evans will be a nice back ups. Ingram is going to have to improve pass protection to make the field. Otomewo and Lowe to the practice squad. I don't see the last two picks making the team.

Last edited:

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
According to a KFAN podcast, we made the trade with Detroit either assuming, guessing, or being lied to that they were moving up to take a QB. So not valuing the availabile QBs, they figured Detroit would essentially be wasting a pick. Funny how things work out some times.
Compile this with the fact the Lions GM said in his presser they were prepared to give the Vikes an extra 1 in the trade and were stunned and extatic when the Vikes said they were happy just exchanging second rounders. It's pretty obvious Kwesi was in over his head and other teams used his inexperience against him. And the picks (especially later on) just aren't great. Bad first draft.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Compile this with the fact the Lions GM said in his presser they were prepared to give the Vikes an extra 1 in the trade and were stunned and extatic when the Vikes said they were happy just exchanging second rounders. It's pretty obvious Kwesi was in over his head and other teams used his inexperience against him. And the picks (especially later on) just aren't great. Bad first draft.
I’ve heard the audio of the Detroit GM. It almost sounds like Kwesi actually turned down a better deal. The only thing dumber than that is a GM embarrassing another GM who is apparently willing to trade with division rivals.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Maybe GB, especially in the years Rodgers has left.

The first three picks should play a lot of football for the Vikes. Chandler and Evans will be a nice back ups. Ingram is going to have to improve pass protection to make the field. Otomewo and Lowe to the practice squad. I don't see the last two picks making the team.
I'll be surprised if Lowe doesn't make the team as a 2nd stringer.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I’ve heard the audio of the Detroit GM. It almost sounds like Kwesi actually turned down a better deal. The only thing dumber than that is a GM embarrassing another GM who is apparently willing to trade with division rivals.

We need a crying button because that just makes me de-pressed.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's hard to say until these guys get on the field, but this draft sure felt Spielman-esque. Like Kwesi was trying to be so far outside the box that he thought himself under the table. Kind of like Purdy in the Iowa game this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron