AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
There's no doubt the Big12 is a tougher league.
But the fact remains that Green is an elite scorer and will score in Cardinal and Gold. He's a contested 3 bucket getter, which we need badly.
That's right, but pointing to St Bonnie as a top defense was notably inaccurate. Very midmajor POV

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That's right, but pointing to St Bonnie as a top defense was notably inaccurate. Very midmajor POV
20 and 32 against Loyola (18 in KenPom D)

16 in his 3rd game back from hip surgery against Arkansas (11 in KenPom D)

St Bonaventure was a very good defensive team at the time they played them (pre-injuries). Held Boise to 61, Clemson to 65 and Marquette to 54 (.7 points per possession) in the preceding 3 games. For reference, the year before with the same team back and fully healthy they were 20th.

Last edited:

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
AJ Green is a great player. He is a definite upgrade to our roster if we get him.

Agree, So good in fact, there is no need to reference a singular game as some evidence he can play. But if you're going to do that, at least make it factual.

If there are doubters about how his game translates, I do not see "Green can play against top defenses, as evidence by his performance against what would have been the worst defense in the Big 12" working well to convince them otherwise.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
St Bonaventure was a very good defensive team at the time they played them (pre-injuries). Held Boise to 61, Clemson to 65 and Marquette to 54 (.7 points per possession) in the preceding 3 games. For reference, the year before with the same team back and fully healthy they were 20th.
So when the 2020-21 data, in which they only played a regular season of A10 schools and midmajors, was still heavily used? You'll find some distorted ratings that time of year, particularly with midmajors

AJ can play, you don't need to manufacture St Bonnie into some highly indicative test of how his game translates. Pointing to one game bad enough, pointing to St Bonnie a poor choice.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
So when the 2020-21 data, in which they only played a regular season of A10 schools and midmajors, was still heavily used? You'll find some distorted ratings that time of year, particularly with midmajors

So you don’t want guys from lower Conferences even though they are Player of the Year in that Conference. Twice.

So which players would you have Iowa State pursue on the Portal?

Reactions: cyfanatic

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
So you don’t want guys from lower Conferences even though they are Player of the Year in that Conference. Twice.

So which players would you have Iowa State pursue on the Portal?
You've either quoted the wrong post, or are having egregious comprehension issues. Which is it?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I absolutely want Green, but if you're someone that wants to question him, I'd point to the 22/76 shooting in 5 career games vs power 6 opponents....

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
No, the link that Gonzaga is in on AJ Green.
There are no links to anyone being in on him lol other than obvious connecting the dots with his Dad. I said "could" be a player. I thought I heard they recruited him out of HS. Could be wrong though

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
There are no links to anyone being in on him lol other than obvious connecting the dots with his Dad. I said "could" be a player. I thought I heard they recruited him out of HS. Could be wrong though
I think I remember Virginia being a real consideration for him.