Aubrey Joens Transferring

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
This isn’t really a surprise. Lots of factors that likely have contributed to this decision. Her performance offensively dropped dramatically at the last part of the season. That led to fewer minutes. Then you have post season meetings and expectations. Also remember entering the portal doesn’t mean leaving, but we shouldn’t be surprised to see her scholarship get used quickly.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Wow! That makes me sad. I really thought she was really good and only going to get better.

But, I wish her the best wherever she ends up. Too bad she won't play with her sisters over the next few years.

Reactions: Cyclad

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
It seems an amicable transfer considering the first person thanked is BF.

All the best to her!

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
You gotta love these statements these athletes always put out….. they love the coaches, love their teammates, love the fans, love the arena…. but with that being said, F you all I’m leaving!!

So funny. Hope she’s happy wherever she goes.
I can’t blame them if they do things correctly - which I think in this case it was.

It’s probably similar to when someone moving jobs; you love the boss, love the colleagues and the company but probably it can’t pay you enough. Or there is no room for promotion, etc

Life as an athlete is short and if you want to play but you know you won’t have a lot of PR, the best option is probably leaving although in this case we won’t know why she wants to leave

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I can’t blame them if they do things correctly - which I think in this case it was.

It’s probably similar to when someone moving jobs; you love the boss, love the colleagues and the company but probably it can’t pay you enough. Or there is no room for promotion, etc

Life as an athlete is short and if you want to play but you know you won’t have a lot of PR, the best option is probably leaving although in this case we won’t know why she wants to leave
Sometimes you really do like a lot of stuff about where you are, but you can get even more by leaving. The grass isn’t always greener and a lot of athletes will learn this lesson the hard way based on how the portal has operated so far, but it seems like in her case the writing was on the wall as to her role and she decided she wanted to play a lot more, even if it meant she had to leave.