Hinterland 2022 Speculation Thread

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lotta names I'm not familiar with. I've been leaning into more heavier music lately but still love this fest. Last year was incredibly overcrowded, but was a solid lineup. Looking forward to hearing some new artists.

This was my thought three years ago. It won't keep me from going to at least some of it, but it's a little maddening seeing all the Kardashian wannabes strolling in their gold headbands and ridiculous "Couldn't you just totally picture me at Coachella" festivalfits who have zero clue about the music, don't even care about the music, and are just there to be seen and part of a 'scene'. I miss when it was a little more under the radar.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This was my thought three years ago. It won't keep me from going to at least some of it, but it's a little maddening seeing all the Kardashian wannabes strolling in their gold headbands and ridiculous "Couldn't you just totally picture me at Coachella" festivalfits who have zero clue about the music, don't even care about the music, and are just there to be seen and part of a 'scene'. I miss when it was a little more under the radar.
So how wide is your gold headband?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Just saw that Billy Strings is going to be there. Would love to go but... Thurs? And he's really the only one I want to see so hoping they sell single day passes.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I'd always rather see artists in smaller venues, but why not Hinterland? The venue is a gorgeous spot for concert goers and artists alike.
Many times they only do one set for a festival. As long as it’s two sets and an encore I’m sure it’ll be fine. I also heard last year was a **** show but I’ll be there Thursday.

Reactions: Saul_T

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

This is why I'm down to only having the energy for one day. Last year was a cluster. An awesome lineup and I had a great time, but it was an absolute cluster. And I agree with your assessment that for every one music fan there appeared to be a dozen people there for IG pictures.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
This is why I'm down to only having the energy for one day. Last year was a cluster. An awesome lineup and I had a great time, but it was an absolute cluster. And I agree with your assessment that for every one music fan there appeared to be a dozen people there for IG pictures.

Its overcrowded and some just there for the IG but still stoked to be there all four days, amazing weekend every time!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Yeah, I hate that ****. And it's a big reason that I've lost interest in music festivals altogether. I would much rather see a great band with one opener play a show in a cool venue that lasts about 3 hours and the people who are there are there because of said band.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Jenny Lewis... There's an artist I would have never expected to enjoy but very much do. She's underrated.

First time I saw her live was w/Rilo Kiley during the "Under the Blacklight" tour. She's just phenomenal.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Many times they only do one set for a festival. As long as it’s two sets and an encore I’m sure it’ll be fine. I also heard last year was a **** show but I’ll be there Thursday.
It was definitely overcrowded with lines everywhere. VIP parking was oversold, there were 2? stations checking ID's for a predominantly +21 festival. Being said, the music, venue and people were great as ever.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
This was also the year with Kacey Musgraves though, wasn't it? That look was totally in and to be honest...I was there for it.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Just wait until you guys see the Glass Animals fans...

This is the "coolest" festival in Iowa, so it's not surprising that the wannabe influencers might flock for a photo shoot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron