Pollard on Cyclone Club Level Changes

QBEagles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 11, 2014
KSU may make more in donations, but their donor season tickets are $340. Ours are $599. If you compared our fundraising + ticket sales to theirs it's probably comparable. I'm pretty sure our athletics budget/revenue is higher, so it almost has to be.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Is there a student option for CC?

That’d be a good long play to increase the donor base. I don‘t care if it’s 10 bucks a year. Get that seed planted.

Once upon a time, there was a $50 option for people under 30. I don't recall what perks, if any, were offered besides the snazzy window sticker.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I found the projected increase in parking in the link: https://www.cycloneclub.org/tickets-parking/#priority-parking

Car parking passes are $100, and RV parking passes are $250. I think the parking is still a steal and should be higher.
I don't know about that... I mean you still have to have a minimum donation and buy season tickets.

At some point, after my aunt and uncle stop going to FB games, I'm seriously debating giving up FB tickets and just keep doing the other sports we already buy tickets to (MBB, WBB, wrestling)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Once upon a time, there was a $50 option for people under 30. I don't recall what perks, if any, were offered besides the snazzy window sticker.

I used to be in that. I believe it was called the Varsity donor level. It got me a C4 parking pass for a few seasons. I think there was a pretty steep discount on season tickets too, like maybe 50%. (Don't quote me on that last sentence...that's the part I'm least confident in.)

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I used to be in that. I believe it was called the Varsity donor level. It got me a C4 parking pass for a few seasons. I think there was a pretty steep discount on season tickets too, like maybe 50%. (Don't quote me on that last sentence...that's the part I'm least confident in.)
Yes, tickets were about $100 less but not the greatest location. We enrolled under my wife's name since she is three years younger than us so we could stay on it longer

Edit to add the 2008 press release on ticket info
"Tickets for the six-game home slate cost $350 each for regular priced tickets, $300 each for Faculty / Staff and Letterwinners Club members and $195 each for Varsity Club members (ages 20-29). Each of those categories also requires an annual donation to the Cyclone Club."

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I don't know about that... I mean you still have to have a minimum donation and buy season tickets.

At some point, after my aunt and uncle stop going to FB games, I'm seriously debating giving up FB tickets and just keep doing the other sports we already buy tickets to (MBB, WBB, wrestling)
You actually don't have to buy season tickets in order to buy a tailgate pass, just have to be a cyclone club donor, unless that changed from when I called to ask about it.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Not suggesting at all that he hasn’t tried but just pointing out that the total number of donors is paltry at best. I’ve led fundraising efforts in the past for organizations and you typically focus on those already giving to give more as they are already vested but you also go after new donors just as hard. Seems JP needs to continue to focus on all fronts, but perhaps he has failed in this one area to date…

There was a new donor recruiting incentive program a decade ago building off the "ONE" statements that were in the FB posters - "Each one bring one"

Reactions: TJSClone

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
What I got from this is Iowa State has cheap donors

edit: not trying to call people out but I’ve just been naive to the donor situation

I’m confused here. Are you calling yourself cheap? Or do you donate?? If you don’t donate - maybe you should? Wouldn’t hurt.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I’m confused here. Are you calling yourself cheap? Or do you donate?? If you don’t donate - maybe you should? Wouldn’t hurt.

I’m a college student. Not sure donating to the Cyclone Club is in the cards for me at the moment. I just was not aware of our donor situation and that we don’t have very many high level donors

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I’m a college student. Not sure donating to the Cyclone Club is in the cards for me at the moment. I just was not aware of our donor situation and that we don’t have very many high level donors

Once you graduate you can be one of those “high level donors”…

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
View attachment 94615

View attachment 94616

Both schools were of similar size and growth until the mid 2000's. ISU student population growth from the mid 2000's is just now starting to hit donation age. The years we were above 30K students.. Those grads are in their late 20's to early 30's (Like me).

Most made poor financial decisions and borrowed up to their eyeballs to pay for school. They aren't in positions yet to become donors that move the needle
Excuses, not necessarily facts.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
If I am wrong, please correct me. You can buy season tickets without being a member of the CC? Sad, if true

Reactions: glenn_thegreat

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
If I am wrong, please correct me. You can buy season tickets without being a member of the CC? Sad, if true

For both basketball and football. Sustained success will eventually bring an end to that.