I despise Baylor

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I respect the heck outta Scott Drew and what he's been able to accomplish with their program considering the hand he was dealt. I don't understand the hate there.

He had me when he stuck his head into a Hoiberg NCAA presser (IIRC) and said "Go Cyclones!". and than ducked out again.

Always roll my eyes in the WBB threads at all of the myogenetic and outright sexist disses and insults directed at Mulkey from supposed fans of a woman's sport. And mostly 12 year old playground level stuff. I totally get how/why people don't like her personality but a lot of it comes from her beating us like a drum for 20 years and winning at a level we can only dream of.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He had me when he stuck his head into a Hoiberg NCAA presser (IIRC) and said "Go Cyclones!". and than ducked out again.

Always roll my eyes in the WBB threads at all of the myogenetic and outright sexist disses and insults directed at Mulkey from supposed fans of a woman's sport. And mostly 12 year old playground level stuff. I totally get how/why people don't like her personality but a lot of it comes from her beating us like a drum for 20 years and winning at a level we can only dream of.

My only problem with Mulkey is the defense of rapists and dismissal of rape victims. I really didn’t follow much about her until that jaw dropping statement.

I get what you mean about some of the language used to describe her though.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
im not saying I have some exclusive piece of evidence. I have common sense about it.

Having lived in reality makes me 100% certain the one giant rape ring wasn’t the exclusive bad thing going down in the Ken Starr era. Saint Drew’s players very likely had access to the same “perks” Briles players did that led to a culture of mass rape.

So you're 100% certain about something that 'likely' happened.

That's quite something to throw out there.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I don't like the Baylor athletic department but over the past 6-7 Years I have had nothing but respect for their coaches and players in FB and MBB. Scott Drew is a solid dude.

Just wish the Baylor fans realized the disdain towards their program has nothing do to with the on court/field product of the present, and didn't get so defensive over two things that are objectively horrible.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So you're 100% certain about something that 'likely' happened.

That's quite something to throw out there.

Come on. It’s incredibly likely the entire thing is and was a complete immoral cesspool.

I’m talking common sense and you’re acting like I’m a prosecuting attorney.

There’s no such thing as an institutionally supported massive rape ring facilitated by Epstein’s lawyer that isn’t part of a larger culture of immoral lawlessness. I am 100% certain of that, as is anybody who isn’t a naive fool.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Come on. It’s incredibly likely the entire thing is and was a complete immoral cesspool.

I’m talking common sense and you’re acting like I’m a prosecuting attorney.

There’s no such thing as an institutionally supported massive rape ring facilitated by Epstein’s lawyer that isn’t part of a larger culture of immoral lawlessness. I am 100% certain of that, as is anybody who isn’t a naive fool.

Just because I don't believe the worst possible scenario about Scott Drew or Dave Aranda doesn't mean I am not utterly disgusted with what happened at Baylor in the past.

Seriously...you should probably get some help about your Baylor hate. It's ugly. Pretty much every time there is a Baylor discussion, you pop in and start making accusations against people at Baylor without any supporting evidence, other than your "common sense"...it's flat out slander...and you start acting hostile towards anybody who disagrees with you. What is "moral" about any of that?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just because I don't believe the worst possible scenario about Scott Drew or Dave Aranda doesn't mean I am not utterly disgusted with what happened at Baylor in the past.

Seriously...you should probably get some help about your Baylor hate. It's ugly. Pretty much every time there is a Baylor discussion, you pop in and start making accusations against people at Baylor without any supporting evidence, other than your "common sense"...it's flat out slander...and you start acting hostile towards anybody who disagrees with you. What is "moral" about any of that?

LMAO "hate" and "get help".

I don't cheer for them because it's INCREDIBLY obvious they fostered a culture of rampant immorality and lawlessness.

That's "hate" now. Get a grip dude. What a sheltered life you must have if that is "hate". Consider yourself lucky.

I don't cheer for Illinois either, I have no idea if they have any scandals. I only really support ISU and believe it or not sometimes Iowa because of loved ones. I definitely don't have to cheer for teams that have a history of being rape syndicates or coaches like Mulkey who victim shamed and celebrated the criminals. You're off your rocker thinking that is "hate".

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is anybody associated with the the two big scandals over the last 25 years still employed at Baylor?

Mulkey left on her own and she backed the rapists over the victims. I'm guessing it's like most situations where many of those who got caught are gone...because they got caught.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Let it go. The coaches involved in the scandals are gone, despite what you think not every Baylor fan was okay with what Briles did, and both Drew and Aranda are good coaches that seem like good people.

I don't think every fan or student is responsible. I think very few bordering on none probably are.

I'm simply pointing out that Epstein's lawyer doesn't oversee a massive rape ring in a nice neat vacuum. People like thinking that way because it makes them feel better, not because it's rational and not because it helps past/present/future victims.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I appreciate Scott Drew and the Baylor MBB program. In alot of ways it's what any non-traditional blue blood program should aspire to. Plus, Drew seems to be one of the only coaches BU has ever had that actually exemplifies "BU core values", whatever those are suppose to be for their supposed religious institution.

• Friendly
Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I really lost any respect when they tried covering up a murder on their basketball team and the sexual assaults committed by the football team. They should have got the death penalty for both programs.
So what's the big deal with a little murder and rape? This is a Baptist University!!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

yeah I hate Baylor too, but reality is they have the best basketball program in the country and made 3 awesome football coaching hires. They have a huge geography advantage vs Iowa state. Lot of this is people just pissed they are good at everything and have been kicking our ass.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't like the Baylor athletic department but over the past 6-7 Years I have had nothing but respect for their coaches and players in FB and MBB. Scott Drew is a solid dude.

Just wish the Baylor fans realized the disdain towards their program has nothing do to with the on court/field product of the present, and didn't get so defensive over two things that are objectively horrible.
I found nothing to dislike about last year's Baylor basketball team except their past. In fact, I see this year's ISU team being similar (we aren't that good but the style and personality is similar).