I despise Baylor

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Relevant thread for this. For those who haven't heard, Baylor basketball will get getting a new 7,500 seat home:

WACO, Texas (Nov. 13, 2021) – Baylor University today announced the naming of the Paul and Alejandra Foster Pavilion in honor of Paul (BBA ’79) and Alejandra Foster, of El Paso, Texas. The naming is in recognition of Paul and Alejandra’s gift of $100 million in 2019 to the Give Light Campaign, which launched the public fundraising campaign for the Basketball Pavilion, home to Baylor’s National Championship basketball teams.

WACO, Texas (May 13, 2021) – Baylor University today announced a leadership gift to the Baylor Basketball Pavilion from Paula Hurd, marking progress on the Pavilion and surpassing the $1 billion milestone for the Give Light Campaign

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Relevant thread for this. For those who haven't heard, Baylor basketball will get getting a new 7,500 seat home:

WACO, Texas (Nov. 13, 2021) – Baylor University today announced the naming of the Paul and Alejandra Foster Pavilion in honor of Paul (BBA ’79) and Alejandra Foster, of El Paso, Texas. The naming is in recognition of Paul and Alejandra’s gift of $100 million in 2019 to the Give Light Campaign, which launched the public fundraising campaign for the Basketball Pavilion, home to Baylor’s National Championship basketball teams.

WACO, Texas (May 13, 2021) – Baylor University today announced a leadership gift to the Baylor Basketball Pavilion from Paula Hurd, marking progress on the Pavilion and surpassing the $1 billion milestone for the Give Light Campaign

That is a shade over capacity as the Knapp Center, one would think they would have a 10k or more new arena after all their success?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Architecturally, I consider it incredibly underwhelming. Especially, in light of their recent success. Even the media seems to be targeting Hilton's crowd atmosphere.

Reactions: CyBobby

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I started to loathe hate them after all that went down and nothing happened to them. Still believe NCAA should have gave them the death penalty.

That said as a new big 12 member I'm happy with their success. It helps the conference reputation they have a heisman winner, a bball championship, and can win on a big football stage.

Reactions: CyBobby

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Also the fact they are a small private school who can use religion to recruit these kids, which whatever I think all those schools down there do... and they don't have to disclose any financial information. Just seems unfair. And the fact they'll never have a large alumni base so are they really adding much to the TV contracts? Although being good brings more eyes I guess.

Kinda bs we're the only conference with all these private schools and now we're getting more...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Texas is doing the same thing except on campus downsizing to 10,000 from 16,500. Jack the ticket prices up on the few fans who care about sports and gouge the visitors.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I could be wrong, but I compare your attitude to people who saw MLB players suddenly get huge swollen faces and destroy homerun records and not be suspicious of it.

Or MLB players after that era that don't do the same thing?

Is there suspicion that Drew covered up a murder?

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I really lost any respect when they tried covering up a murder on their basketball team and the sexual assaults committed by the football team. They should have got the death penalty for both programs.

The Showtime documentary Disgraced is a must watch for any Baylor hater. Really brings light to how horrible the program is.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Or MLB players after that era that don't do the same thing?

Is there suspicion that Drew covered up a murder?

Sure, no culture of lawlessness at all.

It’s not like even the womens basketball coach reflexively defended rapists instead of their victims.

Come on.

Jeff Epstein’s lawyer was running the entire ****ing school but somehow the non football programs were all squeaky clean and the entire AD is immediately after. Pretty naive to think that.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sure, no culture of lawlessness at all.

It’s not like even the womens basketball coach reflexively defended rapists instead of their victims.

Come on.

Jeff Epstein’s lawyer was running the entire ****ing school but somehow the non football programs were all squeaky clean and the entire AD is immediately after. Pretty naive to think that.

Specifically, is there evidence that Scott Drew behaved in the same manner?

I'm not saying he's squeaky clean; it's pretty commonly believed that no program is.

But did he cover up a murder or something similar?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Specifically, is there evidence that Scott Drew behaved in the same manner?

I'm not saying he's squeaky clean; it's pretty commonly believed that no program is.

But did he cover up a murder or something similar?

im not saying I have some exclusive piece of evidence. I have common sense about it.

Having lived in reality makes me 100% certain the one giant rape ring wasn’t the exclusive bad thing going down in the Ken Starr era. Saint Drew’s players very likely had access to the same “perks” Briles players did that led to a culture of mass rape.