USC Coaching Search - Riley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
The big ten is not better then the SEC. After Michigan and OSU there is a major step down and both teams would struggle against Georgia. The major problem the big ten has is top tier recruiting. 5 of the top 8 schools for 2022 classes are current or future SEC schools and 8 of the top 15 are also SEC schools. This is what allows so many national championship contenders that the other conferences struggle with. NLI is going to close that gap a bit in my opinion but the SEC just has to much firepower.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The big ten is not better then the SEC. After Michigan and OSU there is a major step down and both teams would struggle against Georgia. The major problem the big ten has is top tier recruiting. 5 of the top 8 schools for 2022 classes are current or future SEC schools and 8 of the top 15 are also SEC schools. This is what allows so many national championship contenders that the other conferences struggle with. NLI is going to close that gap a bit in my opinion but the SEC just has to much firepower.
I salute the hell out of you sir for this post. A fan of a conference being honest about that conference is refreshing instead of some of the insanity I've read on here today regarding the SEC and how it stacks up.

If you want to see real insanity there was a poster in another thread vehemently saying that we (ISU) have been on par with Clemson over the last several years it's just they get to play in the ACC while we (ISU) don't. Like that's crazy pill talk right there.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
When will these national pundits understand what CMC is about? I’m sure he would love to se the demise of OU after the crap they pulled on tge Big 12
Agreed... I also told my buddy who said the same thing that I don't see any chance in heck of CMC leaving for Oklahoma, let alone in a scenario where he'd have to coach against us in Ames. Maybe if OU was out after this season.... but even then, it doesn't seem a great fit and would seem highly unlikely.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I think this may be KK saying this to get an extension. Makes very little sense.
Doubt it’s even that. It’s like USC saying they are targeting Tomlin. You can say you are targeting anyone but it’s doubtful KK has interest. Guy is killing it in Arizona and doesn’t have to deal with the college crap.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I think this may be KK saying this to get an extension. Makes very little sense.
It doesn't make sense unless Kliff isn;'t really happy in the NFL, despite doing fairly well. And his offense is essentially Lincoln's offense so from an OU perspective it'd make sense.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Doubt it’s even that. It’s like USC saying they are targeting Tomlin. You can say you are targeting anyone but it’s doubtful KK has interest. Guy is killing it in Arizona and doesn’t have to deal with the college crap.
He has one year left, coaches prefer a little longer contract. Does he still have the high maintenance girlfriend?

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
He wasn’t good at tech though.
Agreed but I'd imagine OU would be hoping or thinking that the time in the NFL has improved some of his short comings at Tech. Or maybe they're arrogant enough to think

"Well, we're Oklahoma and he'll have better players than he had at Tech so he'll be good here"

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Here’s what I got from an OU fan.

“I got from 3 trustworthy folks that Lincoln hated the SEC move and “didn’t feel heard” (had to put that in quotes bc it was mentioned multiple times and just sounds funny to me, like marriage counseling). LSU was never a thing. There’s been tension since the SEC deal that our AD thought he could get ironed out but has been preparing for Riley to possibly jump to NFL this year (at least he was close) but did get wind of Riley going to USC as early as before the Baylor game.”

Unhappy campers are always the easiest employees to poach.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I am kinda curious if anyone in the Big 12 is considering working the back channels on seeing if OU was interested in coming back in the wake of Riley resigning. Here's a scenario that would be intriguing: OU back and see if they can bring someone like Clemson with them and then ask TV partners to see the value of that to a 14-team league. I'm sure there would be huge separation payment to the SEC and of course, the Clemson buyout (let alone face a lawsuit from ESPN). But the market value would be more than the big 10 and would rival the SEC. I would give this less than a 5 percent chance of being able to happen, let alone if they would agree. But it was a zero chance of being on anyone's radar a few weeks ago. I think if this vacancy bites OU in the face, there might be some in OU athletic department thinking whether it would be better to somehow back out of the SEC and finding a worthwhile partner to rejoin the Big 12 with. Now,I'm guessing most of the remaining Big 12 members would be vehemently opposed, and I would like nothing more than seeing OU and TU put out in the trash bin of college football history, but like I said, I'm curious if someone close to Bowlsby has floated this idea especially after Riley resigned.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I am kinda curious if anyone in the Big 12 is considering working the back channels on seeing if OU was interested in coming back in the wake of Riley resigning. Here's a scenario that would be intriguing: OU back and see if they can bring someone like Clemson with them and then ask TV partners to see the value of that to a 14-team league. I'm sure there would be huge separation payment to the SEC and of course, the Clemson buyout (let alone face a lawsuit from ESPN). But the market value would be more than the big 10 and would rival the SEC. I would give this less than a 5 percent chance of being able to happen, let alone if they would agree. But it was a zero chance of being on anyone's radar a few weeks ago. I think if this vacancy bites OU in the face, there might be some in OU athletic department thinking whether it would be better to somehow back out of the SEC and finding a worthwhile partner to rejoin the Big 12 with. Now,I'm guessing most of the remaining Big 12 members would be vehemently opposed, but like I said, I'm curious if someone close to Bowlsby has floated this idea especially after Riley resigned.

sunday night is an odd time to get drunk

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I honestly don't even think that's possible at this point. I'd think there have been agreements signed with the SEC etc... so even if OU wanted to, I'm not sure how likely that scenario would even be,.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Kliff is no longer dating
1638154348027.jpeg
Instead he seems to be grinding through Instagram models and influencers per gossip sites.