Secret Scrimmages

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I've said this before, but some of you need to go back and watch some games from last year. We will not be that pathetic. We didn't belong on a P6 court.

I hear ya, I am just not sure how this team will score to keep up with most of the teams on the schedule. Factor in 1-2 inevitable injuries and a strong Big XII. I'm just keeping my expectations super low.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have they done any kind of Hilton Madness event for this team? Are they going to? They seem to be flying way under radar.

Looks like Bolton started for Gonzaga but Few did not. I guess the exhibition is counting in his suspension.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Have they done any kind of Hilton Madness event for this team? Are they going to? They seem to be flying way under radar.

Looks like Bolton started for Gonzaga but Few did not. I guess the exhibition is counting in his suspension.

I'm pretty sure he is back for the Texa$ game. That's what I read in a Texas thread.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Thought they only played one half and used the rest of the time to work on situations.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
so you’re calling @brentblum a liar?
I wondered as such, NU has a few guys that are pretty good, established coach/program…probably for the best to get a lesson like this when it doesn’t count.

Northwestern is a combined 17-38 the last 2 years and was picked tied for 12th in the preseason Big 10 coaches poll.

I supposed they are "established" in the sense that their coach has been there a while but getting killed by them (if that truly is what happened) cannot be a good sign.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Secret scrimmages suck...at least from the aspect that info gets out that can be taken out of context. Who the heck knows what a new coach is trying to do with a new team...maybe he simply is going through all the combinations to work out the first starting 5 and doesn't care if the opposing team drops 100+. Or more likely, the team has zero chemistry and it is going to take several games to get a identity?

Let's see where the team goes during the pre-conference games and hopefully develops. Any talk now is pure conjecture.