SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Unprofessional
Unprofessional
ffd.jpg

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Did any players (ISU or OSU), or stadium staff get injured? No? They big deal. The crowd was amped and the game ended on an incredible 4th Down Stand. Go, have some fun kids.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
So, did the goalposts end up in Lake Laverne or nah?

That hasn't happened since the late 90's when they put in the current "indestructible" version. Trust me, we tried multiple times to bring those things down when I was in school in the early 00s.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
My favorite part of the field storm was when that State trooper decided to pick 1 kid out of about a hundred pouring out of the stands to rough up.

I saw that too. I was trying to see what caused that student to get his arse kicked but didn't see anything outside the kid getting slammed to the ground.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Did any players (ISU or OSU), or stadium staff get injured? No? They big deal. The crowd was amped and the game ended on an incredible 4th Down Stand. Go, have some fun kids.

I guess this is my biggest piece of it all as well. You have a dedicated fan base who lives and dies by every play. You have a high-stress, back-and-forth game against a Top 10 opponent. There's excitement and emotion for the fans that spills out and does something that doesn't hurt anyone. Who cares?

With such a hard fought game, with it meaning so much for the way the rest of the year is shaped, it would have been odd to have everyone just shuffle out and go home.

CyBuck1

Mar 3, 2012
Chicago
@Turn2, from the games I've seen on tv this year going after the goal posts seems to be an "old school" move. Students today want to get on the field and take selfies so they can post on their social media accounts. Plus to be fair I've seen games where security is quick to surround the posts so the fans can't get to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I remember storming the field and carrying the goal post off the field after ISU beat Ohio. Soooooooooo.....who cares? Fun haters.

Reactions: JM4CY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well then that begs another question. How the H was an unranked team a touchdown favorite over a top 10 team? I don't bet or even pay attention to lines. Is is common to see that? Seems maybe we should still be a top 15 or even 20 team. We goosed the moose against Iowa.......who was #10 at the time, drop to 14.......lose by 2 at Baylor and disappear. Then all of a sudden as an unranked team we are favored by 7 to beat #8???
I think they said that this is the first time an unranked team has been favored by a TD over a top 10 team since '97 or '98.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It only made me realize how old I am now. I stormed the **** out of the field for the OSU win 10 years ago, now I'm like oh man it seems like a lot of work to get down there, let's just go home.
We "sauntered" the field 10 years ago, after the initial rush. I'm not as stupid as Uncle Randy.
We were watching from our seats in the upper deck, just enjoying the joy on the field. Then we realized we had never been ON the turf at Trice...so down we went.
I love watching the celebrations (TCU, OSU, and WVU to name a few). I'm not young enough to actively participate, but I will cheer them on from our seats. As long as care is taken to protect the other team & coaches from the crowd, where's the harm?

Now, if they had stormed after the KU game a few weeks ago, it probably would have been more of an smh moment. ;)

Reactions: jsb and cyclones500

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I saw that too. I was trying to see what caused that student to get his arse kicked but didn't see anything outside the kid getting slammed to the ground.
It looked like that cop thought he could hold back the crowd by himself and that kid just happened to be the closest one to him. Meanwhile behind him thousands of people are rushing the field.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
@Turn2, from the games I've seen on tv this year going after the goal posts seems to be an "old school" move. Students today want to get on the field and take selfies so they can post on their social media accounts. Plus to be fair I've seen games where security is quick to surround the posts so the fans can't get to them.
The goal posts we have now can't be taken down without proper tools. Like literally can't be done.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone